franckstifler

franckstifler

Hi, I’m building a multi-tenant app using prefixes. I wish to seed data on a given prefix using two different ways:

  • using the command: mix run priv/repo/seeds.exs
  • in the application on tenant creation.
    Everytime I run the seed it only executes on the public schema. Is there a means of passing the tenant (prefix) as parameter to the CLI like the case of migrations? mix ecto.migrate --prefix="tenant"

Showing Posts 1 to 2

l00ker

l00ker

You may want to give Triplex a try, or at the very least, have a read through the posts in this thread: Triplex - a complete solution to multi-tenancy with PG schemas to get some ideas.

DidactMacros

DidactMacros

Old post but seeding involves running the seed.exs. Within said file will need to be the data as list, kwl, map, or a uri to the data source and some Enumeration call with nested function that is used to process and insert the data into the chosen db tables.

You can use query prefix options directly in the insert call to target the specific tenant for seeding.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews