ghannam80

ghannam80

Hello all,

when running the below mix command , I noticed my generated test1web.corecomponents does not include components like back and simple_form , what could cause such behavior ?

mix igniter.new test1 --install ash,ash_postgres,ash_phoenix --with phx.new --extend postgres


Showing Posts 1 to 7

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

Have you upgraded to Phoenix 1.8? I believe we need to update our generators to support it :smiling_face_with_tear:

ghannam80

ghannam80 OP

Yes , checking mix.exs it is

{:phoenix, "~> 1.8.0-rc.0", override: true},
zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

Gotcha. I’m pretty busy, but we will likely need to update our templates. I think they have changed them quite a bit so I don’t know when we could get around to it honestly.

mindok

mindok

You likely need to upgrade the Phoenix generators outside of the project (i.e. not just the mix files). mix phx.new uses the version in the library archives - try mix archive.install hex phx_new and follow the prompts to overwrite the existing version.

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

I’m not sure I follow. Ash has its own tasks in ash_phoenix.gen.live that are generating invalid code as of Phoenix 1.8

mindok

mindok

I was replying to the OP - wouldn’t —with phx.new use the installed generators for setting up the Phoenix part of the project? That’s where core_components.ex comes from, right?

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

We’re talking about the usage of mix ash_phoenix.gen.live when the user has created a new Phoenix 1.8 app. They made changes to core components that we don’t yet support in the code we generate with mix ash_phoenix.gen.live.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews