josevalim
Creator of Elixir
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for 2023
. This year’s edition features Elixir, Erlang and Phoenix once more!
The survey has recently opened and will remain open until May 19, 2023.
Blog post: The 2023 Developer Survey is now live! - Stack Overflow Blog
Survey: 2023 Stack Overflow Developer Survey
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
KristerV
this question scared me for a sec.
but i’m sure they’re not silly enough to generate questions/answers. just crowdsourcing ideas.
juhalehtonen
Happy to see that Erlang, Elixir and Phoenix have become regulars in this survey for multiple years in a row now!
AstonJ
We had a fantastic year last year so let’s try and keep the momentum going!
Pinned!
D4no0
I started the survey and then closed it when I couldn’t find Moldova in the list of the countries
linusdm
Not every web framework can build upon a splendid cldr implementation, like we can with ex_cldr… sorry to hear…
D4no0
I would love to mention @kip, hes one of the sweetest elixir maintaier, his quality is beyond 95% of our ability, he belongs be one of the core maintainers
It is just sad that Moldova is marked (unoficially at 25%) of software export in eurotpe, we produce one of the best codebases from europe, take for exdample (Envada), yes it is based in Moldova and the owners are Moldovian based.
iarekk
I don’t know why they needed to prefix it with ‘Republic of’…
D4no0
Hmm I could swear it was missing before, as Republic of Moldova too, maybe they added it afterwards.
dimitarvp
I’m just happy that after skipping the AI section I immediately got from 78% to 96%.
The survey was way too long though, seriously.
ohnoimdead
I do appreciate that they asked if the survey was too long though. Yes Stack Overflow. It’s getting a bit unwieldy.