Support of Chocolatey NuGet Packages

Hope this isn’t the wrong place to post this; I trust if I am posting this in the wrong spot a moderator will fix this.

I find that I haven’t had a lot of time lately to keep up the Chocolatey NuGet package for Elixir (or Erlang or Rebar3). If anyone would care to help out with these packages, contact me directly or reply to this message. I’m not totally sure how we would work sharing this but I’m willing to try to figure something out.

1 Like

Hi! As an alternative, could you perhaps make an automated pipeline using Github actions to pull the latest version weekly and update the package? You could fetch the versions using: https://github.com/hexpm/bob#elixir-builds. (TBH, I haven’t checked your codebase to see if this is an option, I’m just asking so we can see if this is feasible)

I stopped using the Chocolatey package precisely because it wasn’t being consistently maintained in the past. Nowadays, even though I prefer using WSL2, I find that having this package on Chocolatey facilitates new developers from Windows coming over to Elixir because it’s much simpler to setup.

1 Like

Yeah I can see if I can make that work. I automated the process a while ago but its on my machine; if it could be made to work with that pipeline that’d certainly be a better alternative.

1 Like

And if a paid plan for some CI service is needed it’s probably possible to get that sponsored through donations, or maybe EEF.

I mainly want to see if there’s some way we can safely automate the process so that I’m not the bottleneck.

1 Like