Upcoming Book Clubs

Thought it might be a good idea to create a list of our upcoming book clubs!

Joining a book club is a fun way to get you to read or finish a book - the more people in the club the more fun they can be, so feel free to bring a friend! :003:

If you’d like to join PM me and I’ll add you to the list. We also have a few more copies to give away of all of the above, so let me know if you need a copy as well :023:

8 Likes

All books that I would definitely benefit from reading again. New and improved with community support :slight_smile: !

2 Likes

Signed up for the Elixir in Action and the Programming Phoenix LiveView book. (started Elixir in Action, and now notice I could use some help finishing it :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

Hi all, it’s about time we got another book club going, and next on the list is Elixir in Action - seems like a good time to do this book next as it just got released in it’s third edition.

If anyone is interested in joining this book club please let us know in this thread, and if you don’t already have a copy we may have a few to give away! (PM me if you need a copy).

If you’d also like to be one of the book club leaders for this book please say too! (You don’t have to do much, just gently encourage people to post if they joined and have gone quiet) :blush:

1 Like

Sounds fun. Would like to join.

1 Like

Super interesting, I’d love to be a part of it.

1 Like

Hello I’ll be interested to be part of it. Would be nice to enjoy Sasa’s writing once again.

1 Like

I’m interested in being a part of this book club too, if there is room. It would be nice to have a fresh look/practice at Elixir In Action, this time from a slightly different perspective.

(Aside: Good to be back + this time I’d love to be part of the book club throughout :blush:)

Nice to have you back Marius!

@AstonJ any word on when we can start the book club?

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder both - things have been hectic :icon_redface:

Let’s get this started soon - if anyone else wants to join please PM me!

Have added you to the list (please let me know If you need a copy).

1 Like

Just giving this a quick bump - we hope to be starting the EIA book club this week so if anyone else would like to join please PM me. We still have a few copies to give away too :023:

2 Likes

I’d be up for joining the book club if there are still spots. I already have a copy of the book.

2 Likes

Added you to the list Alan :smiley:

Everyone happy with us starting it this coming Wednesday the 24th?

If so I’ll @you all when we post the book club thread :023:

4 Likes

Thanks! Wed 24th works for me.

1 Like

I was thinking of starting another book club for “Concurrent Data Processing in Elixir: Fast, Resilient Applications with OTP, GenStage, Flow, and Broadway” by Svilen Gospodinov. Let me know if you are interested!

2 Likes

Quick bump to say we’re hoping to start the Elixir in Action book club tomorrow… and the book’s author @sasajuric will also be popping into the thread from time to time so it could be a nice way for you to discuss some of the things in the book with him :003:

Great idea Krsto! If you mean running that book club here on the forum once we can get 10 people interested in taking part we can add it to our list :023:

2 Likes

Where will this thread be? I already have the book. Thanks.

1 Like

Have added you to the list Tim - will @you when the thread is up :023:

1 Like