woohaaha

woohaaha

Let me preface this question by saying that I’m not an ML expert so this question may or may not make sense.

Machine learning models can be generated through various languages and frameworks. These languages and frameworks are most likely to then use these ML models in production. Some model types are SavedModel (from Tensorflow) Pytorch can export Torchscript, ONNX, etc… (I’m probably not even scratching the surface of model export/serialization options).

My question is, assuming the heavy lifting of ML is in the model generation, are there Elixir libraries that can interface with a generated model?

I’m hoping I can generate a model in Pytorch/Tensorflow, export it, and import it to my Phoenix app to make predictions/recommendations/etc…

Can this be done?

Thank you

Showing Posts 1 to 1

mindok

mindok

It doesn’t quite answer your question, but this article by @alvises shows one way to run ML models from Elixir with the actual prediction managed by Python:

@sym_num has done a lot of work in this area too - building a library to harness the GPU - see GitHub - sasagawa888/deeppipe2: Deep Learning library using GPU(CUDA/cuBLAS) · GitHub - I’m not sure what would be involved to port or run models.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews