Rich_Morin
Note: This posting is chock full of partly-baked ideas, so YMMV…
The basic notion is to create a LiveBook that provides a set of interactive dashboards for an application suite’s activity. Existing tools such as Observer could be folded in, perhaps with extensions and/or modifications to their presentation.
Once the basic framework for this is in place, it might be useful to extend it in various directions. For example, it could capture runtime information for diagnostic purposes. This data could assist in the generation of typespecs for dialyzer, etc.
Is anything (even vaguely) like this in prospect?
-r
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Rich_Morin
It would be hard to justify creating this sort of tooling for a single use, so my notion is to create a basic LiveBook that could be “hooked up” to any existing application suite.
Customizations could then be added to handle specialized needs. Ideally, at least some of these could be written in a general and/or configurable manner, to promote sharing.
-r
Rich_Morin
@Adzz has been experimenting in a related area (loading Livebook content that he generated from Hexdocs pages). He discovered significant latency and resource issues with larger items, but I’m pretty sure that these will be resolved in time.
So, I posted a speculative reply, addressing the question “How should a communal project Livebook for Elixir developers be structured and implemented?”. As usual, constructive comments and feedback are welcome…
-r