What Elixir related stuff are you doing?

community

Absolutely, but don’t hold your breath for a too ready made solution. :stuck_out_tongue: It will meet my expectations and no one else’s at least for now.

No worries, we have similar issues with GA and I would be happy to contribute anything needed in addition.

I am reading “Elixir in Action”, developing RESTful APIs using Phoenix, contributing and developing libraries and trying to keep update via Twitter.

At work, I talk a lot about Elixir also. But people seem to be scared enough with Scala to even consider Elixir.

Here’s the version I deployed on my site today: https://gitlab.com/Nicd/tilastokeskus

It only stores hits now, so there is no UI yet. But the README kind of outlines my plans for it. Still need to add instructions for use. Also the code is very unoptimized so I’m not aiming for high traffic sites because that would take too much effort.

Awesome I will definitely take a look :slight_smile:

I’ve been working on Elixir with regards to healthcare messaging.

We (Bryan Hunter and myself) released HCA’s very first open source library – in Elixir!

It parses HL7 messages in multiple versions (from 2.1 to 2.5.1) based on the XSD specs.

We plan to put it on Hex once we’ve run it through a few more paces – and fleshed it out with tests and docs :slight_smile:

-Scott S.

I’m rewriting an existing php5 website into a more modular Elixir/Phoenix based version.

I am building payment client library, watching elixirconf videos.

I have made a totally sweet MQTT client in pure Elixir.

Working currently on health metrics for large codebases https://github.com/MalloZup/kubeojo

Still working on Pigeon SMS and working on a new IoT product with nerves!

Currently working to have a GraphQL with Absinthe of our REST API on Phoenix.

I’m using Elixir/Phoenix in production, slowly rewriting a big monolithic app into smaller microservices.

The plan is to gradually replace as much as we can from the original monolith with elixir powered microservices.

Freaking, loving it so far! Deployment will be interesting though :smiley:

As a side project, I’m working on a FBP development platform build on top of elixir.

I’m using Elixir as an amazing language to build high-available services with applications in Umbrella project. I have also few Nerves project with stats checked (cryptocurrency :slight_smile:)

Elixir, Phoenix, Nerves :heart::green_heart::blue_heart::yellow_heart:

I have just ported my utility that copies data from contentful to neo4j into Elixir:

This is an introduction to the Node version (the Elixir version is younger and less polished):

Over the past couple of months, I have:

Just released https://ficdb.com/ aka Goodreads for fanfiction. Many thx for all the helping voices on this forum for helping me release my first Phoenix/Elixir project!

Wow, this thread has been going on for a while, and I can’t believe how much has changed for me since my first post over 2 years ago. Since then I’ve:

• Completed one Elixir freelance contract
  • Started another part time Elixir (and Vue) contract that has been going for well over a year
  • Taken a full time position at Versus Systems
  • Attended my first ElixirConf
  • Become a collaborator on Timex

I hadn’t thought about it until now, but its been a very transformative two years for me professionally.

Today was mostly spent on refactoring the codebase of Planga (GitHub, Topic). The application-code is now already a lot more readable, compiler-warning and credo-warning free.
There’s still a little more refactoring to do, and then it’s time to create an initial testing harness, but I’m very happy with today’s progress :slight_smile:.

Building an app to search hotels scraped from websites written in Elixir, Phoenix, React. All help is welcome. You can follow it at @Github https://github.com/Nizey/hotel_search