What Elixir related stuff are you doing?

I am building payment client library, watching elixirconf videos.

4 Likes

I have made a totally sweet MQTT client in pure Elixir.

9 Likes

Working currently on health metrics for large codebases https://github.com/MalloZup/kubeojo

5 Likes

Still working on Pigeon SMS and working on a new IoT product with nerves!

3 Likes

Currently working to have a GraphQL with Absinthe of our REST API on Phoenix.

4 Likes

I’m using Elixir/Phoenix in production, slowly rewriting a big monolithic app into smaller microservices.

The plan is to gradually replace as much as we can from the original monolith with elixir powered microservices.

Freaking, loving it so far! Deployment will be interesting though :smiley:

As a side project, I’m working on a FBP development platform build on top of elixir.

4 Likes

I’m using Elixir as an amazing language to build high-available services with applications in Umbrella project. I have also few Nerves project with stats checked (cryptocurrency :slight_smile:)

Elixir, Phoenix, Nerves :heart::green_heart::blue_heart::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

I have just ported my utility that copies data from contentful to neo4j into Elixir:

This is an introduction to the Node version (the Elixir version is younger and less polished):

5 Likes

Over the past couple of months, I have:

14 Likes

Just released https://ficdb.com/ aka Goodreads for fanfiction. Many thx for all the helping voices on this forum for helping me release my first Phoenix/Elixir project!

5 Likes

Wow, this thread has been going on for a while, and I can’t believe how much has changed for me since my first post over 2 years ago. Since then I’ve:

• Completed one Elixir freelance contract
  • Started another part time Elixir (and Vue) contract that has been going for well over a year
  • Taken a full time position at Versus Systems
  • Attended my first ElixirConf
  • Become a collaborator on Timex

I hadn’t thought about it until now, but its been a very transformative two years for me professionally.

7 Likes

Today was mostly spent on refactoring the codebase of Planga (GitHub, Topic). The application-code is now already a lot more readable, compiler-warning and credo-warning free.
There’s still a little more refactoring to do, and then it’s time to create an initial testing harness, but I’m very happy with today’s progress :slight_smile:.

4 Likes

Building an app to search hotels scraped from websites written in Elixir, Phoenix, React. All help is welcome. You can follow it at @Github https://github.com/Nizey/hotel_search

3 Likes

Built a Slack bot in Elixir (using fsm and slack) to coordinate a game of hot potato between other Slack bots and human players to facilitate a company coding challenge.

5 Likes

Experimented with Erlang way back and loved it, never used it much in anger though. Just took advantage of a holiday to churn through the pragprog Programming Elixir and Functional Webdev books, and excited to do some proper projects! Especially interested in combining a clojurescript frontend with phoenix channels.

6 Likes

As a side project at work, I’m building something like a digital signage system to display business dashboards and other things on our TVs throughout our multiple offices.

This would be my first Elixir application, so prior to that I was reading Programming Phoenix >= 1.4, the Elixir guides, and watching a few of the ElixirConf 2018 videos!

6 Likes

I’ve been going through the Programming Phoenix book. I’ve gone through elixir in action and have been really interested in learning more about otp/elixir in the context of web development.

2 Likes

I recently built a simple budgeting app with phoenix for my household. This app was my first one to really use Ecto.Multi, and I found it very nice.

The front end is in angulardart, and the app uses channels to send live expense updates to clients! It’s a fun little project that we’re using to track spending a bit. I was planning on turning it into a PWA with offline capability etc. but it doesn’t seem to be actually needed yet, so I haven’t done it! I may not ever, because I’ve got other stuff to do too!

5 Likes

Didn’t find a lot of time to work on this lately, but finally I have a first prototype. Have a look at it at https://breakbank.app :slight_smile:

It’s not feature-rich yet but let’s you create budgets for trips and gives you an idea how much your next trip will cost you. Would love to hear from you what you think about it.

Cheers,
ben

4 Likes

Just a note: there is no privacy policy on the site that I could find. This prevents at least me from making an account. Don’t want to discourage you, but it is important when you start collecting the data of other users. :slight_smile:

4 Likes