What Elixir related stuff are you doing?

community

Been building various mix projects & phoenix apps to do various things, like executables, CLI dialogs, csv parsing, 3d model calculating, API fetching, web serving, etc.

5 Likes

Oooh, I’ve dreamed of similar before, especially one that would track multiple files at once.

So, just for the fun of it, I added multiple file tracking. It differentiates each file with a different color. If you pass more files than there are colors it’ll cycle over the color list. Colors can also be supplied via the command line as a comma separated list

4 Likes

Begin to restart on Elixir and Phoenix by building Some GIS-Event web application

• elixir + phoenix
    • websocket
  • openlayer
  • postgres
  • flutter (mobile)

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

In this period, trying to slowly bootstrap myself on nerves!
Made a (dumb) thing https://github.com/kpanic/nerves_morse just for fun

7 Likes

Recently I’ve been working on improving the systemd integration for our single Elixir / Phoenix app that we’ve got running so far, as well as improving logging, fixing some data synchronization bugs, working on our deployment config a bit, etc.

All this is mostly to prepare for moving from a manual workflow, where operators have been entering data into forms in the web UI in order to handle particular types of requests, to an automated workflow where these requests will be entering the system via Kafka.

I’ll be exciting to start working a bit with Kafka going forward, so really looking forward to that! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Hello folks,

I’m very new to Elixir (and still a beginner programmer).
I’m working through the Udemy course by Stephen Grinder and the Pragmatic Programmers course.
After I’ve learned a bit more about Elixir and Phoenix, I would like to create a simple CRUD application.

I find Elixir a friendly language. The syntax is quite nice (except for anonymous functions imho). Pattern-matching is awesome.

6 Likes

Rewrote Magnetissimo to be an umbrella application and cleaned the hell out of my crawlers to be much much more straightforward.

I’m focusing on adding support for torznab so Radarr and Sonarr can integrate with it seamlessly!

4 Likes

I finished the Elixir/Phoenix course by Stephen Grinder on Udemy. It was a nice overview but a bit shallow. I’m also not that happy that it uses Phoenix 1.2.
I will continue with the Pragmatic Programmers course which is much more indepth and then continue with the book “Programming Phoenix”.

2 Likes

I do lots of code reviews, and we have a standard where you always type a jira task number of the first part of a commit message. I had developed quite a few batch files for making this a little easier, but I always had to copy and paste the shas and files when i wanted to specific a subset of files (like non-compiled typescript files from node). I decided to write an elixir escript to make things even easier. now I just run gittool.bat and it’ll provide me a list like this

0 2f6d3c37   Author     Mon Mar 25 16:15:51 2019 -0400  XXX-100: ignore case
   gittool/gittool
   gittool/lib/gittool.ex
1 240a852a   Author    Mon Mar 25 15:55:44 2019 -0400  XXX-100: gittool
   gittool.bat
   log-filename.bat
   mremoterdp.xml
   mremoterdp.xml.20190325-1057108793.backup
2 1124030a   Author     Mon Mar 25 15:55:13 2019 -0400  XXX-100: gittool
   gittool/.formatter.exs
   gittool/.gitignore
   gittool/README.md
   gittool/config/config.exs
   gittool/gittool
   gittool/lib/gittool.ex
   gittool/mix.exs
   gittool/test/gittool_test.exs
   gittool/test/test_helper.exs

Now I have a list of all the files modified, who did it, when. Then I can just type the number of the commit I wish to inspect, and it’ll launch the default git difftool for each file in that commit. I haven’t made this one public yet, I still have some clean up and documentation to do. If you are interested in this let me know, if I get enough interest I’ll work on cleaning it up to make public.

3 Likes

Working on a brown bag presentation on Elixir and Erlang to give here at Microsoft.

12 Likes