pillaiindu

pillaiindu

I read this blog post at Medium, but it doesn’t go into details about what Phenix LiveView actually is. I would love to hear about it from Chris or Jose. Thank you all!

Showing Posts 1 to 2

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

It’s a server side live rendering library where the page is updated live - no large/complex JS required! It’s similar to Drab which has proven very popular in the community.

Here is the forum’s official info thread/wiki: Phoenix LiveView Info

You might also like the discussion in this thread: 54) ElixirConf US 2018 – Closing Keynote – Chris McCord and the Phoenix LiveView blog posts thread.

As well as the liveview tag.

fmcgeough

fmcgeough

I’ve been using drab for a postmortem tool (allows collection of information about an event - production incident, end of sprint, etc). Updating UI from server over web sockets is very cool for apps that need a certain level of interactivity—- but not enough to warrant a full fledged JS client app. Up until web sockets and libraries like drab and LiveView most developers had to choose and use a JS framework.

These new web socket based libraries allow a different and, to me, very appealing alternative to JS libraries. Can’t always be used and you have to analyze what problems you’re solving.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews