What monitor set-up have you got/use the most? (Poll)

The stereotype for ‘geeks’ is multiple monitors! But let’s see…

• Desktop computer - single display
  • Desktop computer - twin displays
  • Desktop computer - triple displays
  • Desktop computer - other (please say in thread!)
  • Laptop - it’s own display
  • Laptop - external display
  • Laptop - own display and external display
  • Laptop - multiple displays (please say in thread!)

0 voters

2 Likes

I do most of my work on a laptop, usually docked at my desk with two monitors. They’re actually wired into a KVM switch for easy access to my desktop and Raspberry Pi. Within the next couple years I may upgrade to a single 4k display, but for now two 1080x1920s work well.

2 Likes

I am running:

+--desktop pc ----(display port) ----+
 |                                    |
 + --usb switch --keyboard/mouse      +--Dell UltraSharp 34U3415W  WQHD (3440x1440)
 |                                    |
 +--laptop ----(hdmi) ----------------+
2 Likes

maybe when this hits mass market …

https://c.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/razer_project_valerie_ces2017_00.jpg

2 Likes

Using my laptop, 15" 3840x2160 @ 125% Windows 10 using http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/

Hopefully once I move I’ll get one of the 40-43" 4K monitors - then should be able to run at 100% scaling instead of 125%. I like to be able to have multiple windows visible at once. plus tail -f log files is easier when the whole line fits on one line.

Resolution is king. I had 2x Dell U3011 2560x1200 as that was the highest I could get, then swapped those for a single Dell U3415W 3440x1440. Single High Res is best for me.

1 Like

Single monitor on a PC, 35" with 21:9 aspect. Works wonderfully for coding.

EDIT: Acer Predator Z35, by the way.

1 Like

My ideal setup would be 27" 5K + 2 rotated hidpi 20" (they don’t seem to exist though:) ) so maybe 2 24" 4K ones.

1 Like

I got 13" Macbook Air when i get to the office, and it’s sufficient… kind of :wink: But at home I have 24" + 21" monitors, and it would be really hard for me to let go any of them, if anything I’d get third one. The ability to have to have open two application in fullscreen is awesome.You can write code, then reload ie. browser tab and have log spitting out informations without haveing to switch windows.

1 Like

Please see new poll here: What is your display setup and configuration? (Poll) (2022 version)