Which OS do you develop on?

Surprised to see so many people using Linux - very different to the Ruby world where most people seem to be using OS X.

1 Like

Arch Linux + i3 WM, what else?

2 Likes

OSX 10.10.5 (using vagrant linux box for phoenix dev env). Haven’t made the switch to El Capitan yet.
Windows at work.

1 Like

Linux Mint Cinnamon :smiley:

1 Like

Ubuntu Linux 14.04 using GDM and i3-WM.

Sometimes I do have to do some university-stuff under Windows¹, but then there is always a Virtualbox running a Linux for everything else.

¹ I have to do a small Delphi-Project during the weeks between exam- and lecture phases every semestre.

1 Like

OS X 10.11.3 (El Capitan)

1 Like

Dabbled with them all settled with OS X.

(This is an important security notice for Mint users)

1 Like

Debian testing which is called stretch for now. And there is one inconvenient thing about it: one have to use packages from 2 different branches (sid and jessie) to install erlang-esl and elixir properly.

1 Like

ubuntu as virtual maschine on my desktop,
and a cloud9 workspace on laptop

2 Likes

I am a longtime Linux Mint user (Cinnamon) but have recently switched to Manjaro (based on Arch). I like the access to newest packages and the community packages on the AUR save me a ton of time building various packages from source. Not as novice-friendly as Mint but a great distro for experienced Linux users (I use Cinnamon there too).

1 Like

Arch Linux + Xfce

1 Like

I’m split about 50/50 between OSX on my Macbook Pro and Arch Linux on my desktop

2 Likes

OSX El Capitan, and occasionally ubuntu.

1 Like

Fedora

2 Likes

OS X (Macbook Pro) + Win 10 (HP EliteBook 840)

1 Like

Ubuntu / Debian

1 Like

Developing FreeBSD / MacOS … Testing Servers are Ubuntu-14.04-ARM Server

Ubuntu 14.04 on a DigitalOcean droplet, with tmux. That way I can dial in from whatever machine I’m on and pick up where I left off. :wink:

2 Likes

OS X El Capitan version 10.11.4

1 Like

OS X El Capitan.

1 Like