Dj-777
i have one coruse for elixir in which they have using phoenix version 1.25 so they are having web folder inside it and now when i am try with that older version i get this Ecto.create failure error for this solution is to upgrade to latest version so in phoneix 1.6 & i dont have any web folder inside it so is that any alternate for the web folder in latest version of phoenix?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hubertlepicki
in 2023 makes sense to learn Phoenix on something more modern than 1.25, yes.
BartOtten
It’s better to use a guide for more recent versions of Phoenix as many things have changed for the better. Using a very outdated guide will only make you learn things that won’t work today and in the future.
kokolegorille
It has been renamed (or moved…) from web to app_web.
The main reason was to not to consider web as special, because You might want to render in something different than the web.
As mentionned by other, it’s not a good idea to use outdated tutorials. But it can be a good exercise to port old post to the latest Phoenix.
Dj-777
@hubertlepicki @BartOtten @kokolegorille I need one suggestion from you guys is that any free or purchased course for elixir and phoenix latest version?? if there is do let me know, Because the course I am having right now is too much outer dated.
hubertlepicki
For Elixir, this is gold: https://elixirschool.com/
For Phoenix maybe try the official docs? Up and Running — Phoenix v1.8.8
Dj-777
Okay Thank you for the help.
hubertlepicki
I actually meant it, the official docs are great.