Create a cryptocurrency trading bot in Elixir (self-published) (book + videos)

Create a cryptocurrency trading bot in Elixir (YouTube videos, ebook pay what you want)

#Elixir #Cryptocurrencies #AlgorithmicTrading

Looking for a real-world Elixir/OTP project to gain hands-on experience?

This video series/book will take you on a journey to create a cryptocurrency trading bot in Elixir. You will be able to see first-hand, how complex systems are designed and developed as we will build them together!

Create a cryptocurrency trading bot in Elixir - YouTube videos

Online book: https://www.elixircryptobot.com

22 Likes

Thank you , the content is good ,
I will try to implement it with Timescale DB

3 Likes

Awesome that you decided to write a book! Just purchased.

2 Likes

First of all, I’m amazed by the feedback and I honestly don’t have words to tell you how much your support means to me. Thank you so much :heart:

Just to keep you updated, I just released the updated version of the book with numerous improvements:

• buy_down_interval to make a single trader more profitable
  • introduce budget and calculate the quantity (per trader)
  • support for multiple transactions per order added
  • support for multiple traders running in parallel added together with rebuy_interval

All code starting from chapter 2 got refreshed, logs improved and many descriptions rephrased.

The book surpassed 100 pages already and we are just getting started :fire:

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Thank you very much, I just bought the book and I watch some of your videos a few days ago and the are great. Appreciate your efforts.

2 Likes

Hello :wave:

As the book grows and people start to add suggestions/errata/dependencies updates, etc. I realized that publishing the book via the Leanpub platform is not best suited to maintain this book long-term for the benefit of the community.

Taking the above under consideration, I decided to make my book publicly available online(as a website - you can still download the PDF and EPUB through it) as well as open-source the markdown files for the book itself :clinking_glasses: :partying_face:

I guesstimate it to be about 75% finished and with 15 chapters, it’s 200+ pages long :partying_face:

I would like to say that I’m gratefully thankful for all the support from the Elixir community with this project(both book and videos) - I couldn’t do this without you! :heart:

Here’s the new home of my book:

and here’s the source of it on GitHub:

Enjoy :heart:

7 Likes

The new version of the Hands-on Elixir & OTP book is now out :rocket:

This update includes:

• a new chapter that deep dives into using the mox package to create more reliable tests without dependencies
  • readability improvements (new font used through the book + line spacing increased)
  • many small improvements like a custom password for dockerized DB, version of dependencies limited to minor

The book is now 226 pages long :sunglasses: - read online @ https://www.elixircryptobot.com

Don’t forget to support by sponsoring :heart:

8 Likes

Hello :wave:

I know it’s been a while since I posted any updates about my “soon to be finished” book. In all honesty, it took me on a personal journey to get the new three chapters finished, but I’m proud to let you know that I released a new version of my “Hands-on Elixir&OTP: Crytocurrency trading bot” book!:partying_face:

It now has 20 chapters spanning across 286 pages, and it’s feature complete (the remaining content that I would like to add is more like “appendixes” than additional chapters).

The version contains thoroughly reworked diagrams across the whole book together with three additional chapters:

Chapter 18 - Functional Elixir Focused on revising the code to group the business logic into a separate module and refactoring to push side effects to the edge. We then compare pure FP(managing effects) vs pragmatic Elixir features.

Chapter 19 - Idiomatic OTP Focused on looking into the different implementations of new aggregation functionality. The idea here is to show that there’s a delicate balance between the number of processes used and something less is more.

Chapter 20 - Idiomatic trading strategy For me, this one is an absolute game changer. It’s a complete rethinking of the usage of processes in achieving parallelism with an additional focus on purity. It’s a love child of the 18th and 19th chapters in action.

As usual, you can grab your copy: Hands-on Elixir & OTP: Cryptocurrency trading bot

or read it online(HTML): https://www.elixircryptobot.com

Enjoy :heart:

4 Likes

This project has morphed into: Hands-on Elixir & OTP: Cryptocurrency Trading Bot (self-published)