AstonJ
by Lance Halvorsen
Elixir and Phoenix are generating tremendous excitement as an unbeatable platform for building modern web applications. Make the most of them as you build a stateful web app with Elixir and OTP. Model domain entities without an ORM or a database. Manage server state and keep your code clean with OTP Behaviours. Layer on a Phoenix web interface without coupling it to the business logic. Open doors to powerful new techniques that will get you thinking about web development in fundamentally new ways.
Don’t forget you can get 35% off the ebook using the code ‘devtalk.com’ ![]()
Can’t wait ![]()
Trending in Books
Other Trending Topics
A new screencast on live LiveView updates with PubSub, the Oban Web dashboard, and smarter retries. Part 2 of 2. Screencast + full walkth...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
lance
Thanks for the hat-tip! I’m beyond excited for the beta launch.
AstonJ
I bet you are Lance, congrats! And thanks for taking the time to write it and all your work on the Phoenix Guides
I can’t wait to get my hands on the book, though it might be a while before I get around to reading it (got 3 or 4 other Elixir books to read first
)
LawJolla
Take my money! Oh wait, you just did.
AstonJ
Don’t forget you can get 25% off with your forum discount - with the code
ElixirForumvoger
Sale tomorrow. Does it mean we get a better price tomorrow? Should I wait?
AstonJ
Sorry, no, it just means it will go on sale tomorrow. I’ll change the title now - tho you can blame PragAndy as I just copied what he said
You should be able to get 25% off with your forum discount tho.
jeramyRR
money is leaving my wallet the second I get home.
dsissitka
Oooh, I’d love to work my way through this. Perhaps I’m overlooking something but it doesn’t look like it says how much of the content is currently available?
jeramyRR
Looks like there are two excerpts that look already to be fairly well done.
lance
Most of the book is already there! I currently need to complete two chapters, one on state machines and the other on supervisors.
They’ll be following along soon.