imanuelgittens
Hey all! Just joined the forum and I’m very excited to learn the language. I just finished reading the documentation and I was wondering if somebody could give me some recommendations on what to do next to learn Elixir. Maybe a project to build or some books perhaps? Thanks guys! ![]()
Trending in Chat/Questions
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
peerreynders
Scanned through this yet?
easco
Expanding, just a bit, on peerreynders suggestion, click on the “Learning Questions” topic on your very post (the big green box). If you scan through the list of topics that people have covered in the past you can find discussions, and even reviews, of on-line video courses, books, blogs, websites etc.
It might help to know what you are interested in accomplishing with Elixir.
Are you interested in the language for its concurrency features?
Are you trying to create a web site?
Are you looking to learn more about functional programming?
In short, what brought you to Elixir and what do you hope to get out of it? Let the community know and it will help them help you
AstonJ
Welcome to the community
Re learning, definitely check out this section for similar threads
I’ll repost what I have been recommending based what I have done (or am doing) to date:
I am currently reading…
Check out my reviews in each of those threads for more of my thoughts on them - I highly recommend them all
imanuelgittens
Thank you so much! I’ll go through these resources now and see what I can find! Cheers!
imanuelgittens
Hey Aston, thank you so much for the resources man. Woah! this community is really active and helpful!!