Need Recommendation on Learning Elixir

Hey all! Just joined the forum and I’m very excited to learn the language. I just finished reading the documentation and I was wondering if somebody could give me some recommendations on what to do next to learn Elixir. Maybe a project to build or some books perhaps? Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scanned through this yet?

2 Likes

Expanding, just a bit, on peerreynders suggestion, click on the “Learning Questions” topic on your very post (the big green box). If you scan through the list of topics that people have covered in the past you can find discussions, and even reviews, of on-line video courses, books, blogs, websites etc.

It might help to know what you are interested in accomplishing with Elixir.
Are you interested in the language for its concurrency features?
Are you trying to create a web site?
Are you looking to learn more about functional programming?

In short, what brought you to Elixir and what do you hope to get out of it? Let the community know and it will help them help you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :smiley:

Re learning, definitely check out this section for similar threads :023:

I’ll repost what I have been recommending based what I have done (or am doing) to date:

I am currently reading…

Check out my reviews in each of those threads for more of my thoughts on them - I highly recommend them all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll go through these resources now and see what I can find! Cheers!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: What are other use cases of Elixir other than Web dev?

Hey Aston, thank you so much for the resources man. Woah! this community is really active and helpful!! :smiley:

2 Likes