mkunikow

mkunikow

SpaceVim is a community-driven vim distribution that seeks to provide layer feature, especially for neovim. It offers a variety of layers to choose from. to create a suitable vim development environment, you just need to select the required layers.

http://spacevim.org/

Anybody tried it?

Showing Posts 1 to 10

AstonJ

AstonJ

Looks neat.. installing it now :slight_smile:

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

I’ve tried it in two places on two computers and it just loads to a blank vim-screen in both, and one of them was an entirely fresh neovim install as well.

mkunikow

mkunikow OP

I installed only for neovim and … it workded :blush:
But some plugins failed…

^^/Downloads >>> curl -sLf 为什么停止维护 SpaceVim | bash -s – --install neovim 22:56:51
==> Trying to clone SpaceVim
Cloning into ‘/home/michal/.SpaceVim’…
remote: Counting objects: 8997, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (35/35), done.
remote: Total 8997 (delta 27), reused 36 (delta 18), pack-reused 8944
Receiving objects: 100% (8997/8997), 1.88 MiB | 1.61 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (6301/6301), done.
Checking connectivity… done.
[:check_mark:] Successfully clone SpaceVim
[:check_mark:] BackUp /home/michal/.config/nvim to /home/michal/.config/nvim_back
[:check_mark:] Installed SpaceVim for neovim
^^/Downloads >>> nvim 22:57:37
:!git clone GitHub - Shougo/dein.vim: ⚡ Dark powered Vim/Neovim plugin manager · GitHub “/home/michal/.cache/vimfiles/repos/github.com/Shougo/dein.vim”

ok
After restart all plugins were updated.

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

If only it would work here for me. :frowning:

I wonder if neovim has a log file somewhere…

EDIT1: Oh hey, it works when I don’t have a GUI (terminal mode), it only fails to load if I load the GUI version of neovim, wtf…

EDIT2: Ah hah, the GUI version is dying because it is lacking a font, wtf again…

AstonJ

AstonJ

Finally got it to load all packages after having to quit and restart Vim a few times.

Which additional packages have you all added?

Quick initial thoughts… I like it! :023: Wonder if we could have something similar for MacVim?

@OvermindDL1 - Which OS are you on? Good luck! :lol:

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Currently Windows 10, since I am at work. It seems to work in terminal mode fine. :slight_smile:

Only things that failed to build where the phpcd and phpfold plugins, which I don’t care about. :slight_smile:

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Initial Impressions compared to Spacemacs is that it is a lot faster. Spacemacs can take a second to refresh with commands sometimes, but that may be because not a lot of plugins are installed yet.

bobbypriambodo

bobbypriambodo

Tried it just now, it is indeed a lot faster. Got several “Key not present in Dictionary” errors on installation but when it ends it all seem to start fine. Works great on both terminal and GUI.

But the commands seem incomplete and/or too different from Spacemacs, notably the projects menu (SPC-p-*), and I’m also unable to understand how the file tree (vimfiler?) on the right is supposed to work (it only stays in my home directory). Atom’s proton-mode behaves better…

SpaceVim

SpaceVim

SpaceVim use true colors by default, you need to make sure your terminal support true colors, otherwise, you can add let g:spacevim_enable_guicolors = 0 to your custom configration file.

SpaceVim

SpaceVim

the latest version of SpaceVim will show the error message when plugin building failed.

Where Next? Top

Trending in Dev Env & Tools Top

srowley
I have really enjoyed dialing in a set of static analysis tools and skills that help me help LLMs write better code. One gap I haven’t se...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews