2020 MOTYs and our 5th birthday update!

Took me some time to figure out what MOTY is. Elixir community is the best I’ve been a part of, regardless of whether my day to day job involves Elixir or not. A big kudos to everyone involved in making of this amazing forum <3

3 Likes

Happy birthday Elixir Forums!

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

Thank you for participating in this competition! :nerd_face:

The following members have been entered into the draw:

• a8t
  • Aetherus
  • akashv
  • akoutmos
  • APB9785
  • code-shoily
  • crova
  • csokun
  • danielvu1994
  • davearonson
  • doorgan
  • egze
  • eksperimental
  • ericaclw
  • Exadra37
  • experimentix
  • gonglexin
  • hauleth
  • hdrury
  • jdumont
  • JuanjoA
  • juhalehtonen
  • konstantine
  • Kurisu
  • l00ker
  • lpil
  • lucaong
  • mstibbard
  • Nicd
  • olhado
  • PJo336
  • PJUllrich
  • pmangalakader
  • soyjeansoy
  • stefanluptak
  • Taufeeq_Mowzer
  • tovarchristian21

And the following prizes are up for grabs:

• Build a Cryptocurrency Dashboard with Elixir and Phoenix LiveView course
  • A year of ElixirCasts
  • A copy of Concurrent Programming in Elixir
  • A Pragmatic Studio course

In total we have 37 entrants and 8 prizes!

The process to pick our winners will be initiated when somebody clicks the special link below:

:arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: https://devtalk.com/comps/pickwinner?forum=elixirforum&thread=38712 :arrow_left: :arrow_left: :arrow_left:

Don’t be shy, we need one of you to help make the magic happen! :sparkles:

2 Likes

Thank you for pushing the button!

And the lucky winners are…

• @PJo336 wins: A year of ElixirCasts
  • @pmangalakader wins: Build a Cryptocurrency Dashboard with Elixir and Phoenix LiveView course
  • @lucaong wins: Build a Cryptocurrency Dashboard with Elixir and Phoenix LiveView course
  • @olhado wins: Build a Cryptocurrency Dashboard with Elixir and Phoenix LiveView course
  • @hdrury wins: A copy of Concurrent Programming in Elixir
  • @l00ker wins: Build a Cryptocurrency Dashboard with Elixir and Phoenix LiveView course
  • @code-shoily wins: Build a Cryptocurrency Dashboard with Elixir and Phoenix LiveView course
  • @tovarchristian21 wins: A Pragmatic Studio course

Congratulations to all of our winners!

If your name is listed as a winner please PM @AstonJ with your name, email address and country of residence :slight_smile:

If your name is not listed, commiserations and thanks for taking part - better luck next time!

:partying_face:

8 Likes

That was quick :rofl:
Congrats to the winners!

2 Likes

Oh wow! That’s a heck of a prize! Gotta love Elixir Forum!

2 Likes

I forgot the forum follows links to see if there’s any embeddable/OneBox content :see_no_evil:

At least we know for next time :blush:

:purple_heart:

For anyone wondering why I haven’t got back to them yet… I am hoping to go through all PMs this week but will let you know when I’ve sent your details off :023:

5 Likes

Ok,

I’m way too slow here, but first of all, thanks for the great community - it’s a real pleasure to be part of it.

Second, I’d like to submit a very late nomination.

We have a wealth of experienced and generous engineering talent here, but my nomination is for someone who regularly challenges the community to think about the business setting of technology in general and Elixir in particular. If we don’t understand the business setting, or we can’t articulate it to our peers and superiors, it’s very difficult to gain adoption outside of small, high value niches. With that in mind, I’d like to nominate @cnck1387

4 Likes

I agree @mindok - Nick actually made the short list as he’s posted quite a bit, so I think we can accept your late nomination :003:

@cnck1387, please see the details in the first post to claim your gift :023:

3 Likes

Just a quick note to say I’ve just sent off everyone’s details who have got back to me thus far (if you don’t hear anything within a week or so please let me know and I’ll chase things up for you). For anyone who was listed but haven’t got your details off to me yet, if you’d still like your prize please let me know by the end of this week and I’ll send your details off in the next batch :023:

1 Like

Got my copy of Realtime Phoenix :heart:

Thank you so much :grinning:

Now I can start building the eCommerce application from the book, that I always wanted to build since my times with the Prestashop eCommerce platform, that I coded solely in when I started my career as a developer.

4 Likes