Biggest question: only online stuff or offline too?
Online (mobile site? / if not, simple skeleton and a web view):
- Do you need an app or does is a mobile site enough?
- Very basic (VERY) - flutter. You can learn the language, concept very fast and build an app, but if you use 1 call a little different than expected -> framework crash, spending weeks to find out what’s going on, … - then build a web view as soon as possible and use the mobile site
- Use a native sample app and use web views after that - much less trouble than flutter at the moment (will probably change in 1-3 years)
Offline (traditional app + api at the backend):
- Check React Native, if not sufficient, check NativeScript, if not sufficient check flutter (same as above)
- If you come from web/css development, try ionic - for some apps it’s a nice solution (simple chat, … - like you mentioned) where you can get results very fast