JEG2
Author of Designing Elixir Systems with OTP
I’m publishing a new series of articles on my blog this week. It’s my attempt to condense and share what I’ve learned in over 20 years of Elixir/Phoenix/LiveView and Ruby/Rails development. I hope you find it helpful.
Trending in Blog Posts
Hey folks,
I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version:
Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
Hey everyone! :waving_hand:
I’ve published Part 7 of the Building Distributed Systems in Elixir series, where we build core distributed ...
New
An educational side project in Elixir, Phoenix, and Tauri. I share what I learned while wiring Automerge into the BEAM, including how I s...
New
Process labels are useful for visualization and debugging. Here’s why you should use them.
New
What happens if you design tools for LLMs instead of letting LLM use human tools ?
Wrote a blog on why and what that enables.
As I see ...
New
Somewhere, right now, a senior engineer is on the verge of a nervous breakdown because his company will not let him switch from Claude to...
New
:pencil: Phoenix’s built-in LiveView test helpers require you to hand-build the form payload and start a fresh pipe after every click. Wo...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
AstonJ
Looks like this will be a nice series! Thanks James!
Could even be a good candidate for a book? Sort of reminds me of Metaprogramming Ruby where there were loads of questions/answers… this is what I wrote about it on my blog:
It’s also nice to see you still putting out content all these years later, when I first got into Ruby you were one of the first names I heard of (IIRC, it was a podcast called Ruby Rouges, on which I think you were a regular).
JEG2
It could possibly end up there someday. I don’t think I’m done collecting the principles yet. The ones I’m posting this week, I am certain sure of, but I have drafts of others that I am still feeling out. We also need to see how useful others find them.
Thanks so much for the kind words.