bartblast
Creator of Hologram
The official Hologram extension for VS Code is now live! It brings full syntax highlighting for HOLO templates - ~HOLO sigils in .ex files and standalone .holo template files.
As the template language has grown, writing HOLO in plain text started to feel increasingly painful - this extension fixes that and makes the editing experience much more pleasant.
Thanks to our sponsors for making sustained development possible: Curiosum (Main Sponsor), Erlang Ecosystem Foundation (Milestones Sponsor), and our GitHub sponsors - Innovation Partner: @sheharyarn, Framework Visionaries: @absowoot, Oban, @Lucassifoni, @robertu, and all other GitHub sponsors.
Full details in the blog post: Hologram Gets Official VS Code Support
Trending in News & Updates
LiveVue v1.0 released
After four release candidates and a lot of community feedback, LiveVue 1.0 is stable :tada:
I’ve built a dedicated...
New
Cairn is a small OTP library for message delivery, lightweight function processes, supervised work, and waiting on results.
The goal is ...
New
NatureWhistle v0.4.1 is out! :tada:
This release is a pretty significant step forward for the project.
When I first built NatureWhistle,...
New
Aludel 0.8.0 is now available on GitHub and Hex.
This release adds typed_judge assertions for evaluations that need deterministic, struc...
New
LetMe 3.0.4 has been released.
Changed
Log the policy module and the check module in the message of the warning for a
rule that does n...
New
Flop Phoenix 0.27.0 has been released.
Changed
Require Flop 0.29.0, which turns Flop.Schema from a protocol into a
behaviour.
Determin...
New
Flop 0.29.0 has been released.
Added
Add Flop.allowed_fields/2, which returns the fields that may be filtered or
sorted for the given ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sodapopcan
While I think I may be the last Vimmer in the Elixir community to have not moved onto NeoVim at this point, I have a PR in the works to bring this to Vim. I’ll likely merge in the next couple of weeks.
bartblast
Nice, good to see Vim getting some love too! I haven’t done any research yet on how other editors handle this, but I’m planning to create dedicated packages for other editors as well - including Vim, if applicable. Contributions are welcome - if you’re interested in contributing to the Vim side, you’re more than invited! I believe that the TextMate grammars could be reused in some editors, which should make it easier to bring Hologram syntax highlighting to more places.
frankdugan3
For Neovim/Helix (and some more obscure ones), it’s as easy as creating a set of treesitter queries (sigil too). Both editors also have a means for users to add custom queries to their config, so we don’t have to wait for official support to get merged and released.
bartblast
Thanks, will take a look at this!
sodapopcan
For Vim it’s easy to piggback off the work that was already done for (H)EEx (takes care of most highlighting and auto-indent). I just had to add control blocks and
There is actually an issue with tuples being mistaken for Hologram delimiters, but once I’ve fixed that I’ll merge.
{}inside HTML attribute values. The PR you see is basically covers done, I’m just sitting on it for a couple of weeks to make sure I didn’t break anything (which I’ve done before). The only plus side of breaking things is that I get to see who some of the other Vim users areI actually think it’s odd how elixir.vim is overly community aware as opposed to having separate packages, but it was like that long before I came on so I’m just rolling with it.
sheharyarn
Love your amazing work!
bartblast
Thank you, appreciate it!
mward-sudo
Good to get syntax highlighting, that plain text sure was grating