funboy

funboy

One of the first things you learn about signals is that :kill isn’t trappable, even when trap_exit is on.
So I was surprised to catch {:EXIT, pid, :kill} in handle_info with the process still very much alive :smiley:

Showing Posts 1 to 3

Asd

Asd

Good article. I really enjoyed that the examples can be tried out with PopcornVM

funboy

funboy OP

thank you! :smiley:

GrammAcc

GrammAcc

Nice article. Very concise and well-explained. Also good to see others reading the source code to understand a language. Glad I’m not alone. lol.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Blog Posts Top

bartblast
Hey folks, I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version: Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
zorn
An educational side project in Elixir, Phoenix, and Tauri. I share what I learned while wiring Automerge into the BEAM, including how I s...
New
ryanzidago
Up until then, I found it very hard to communicate to LLMs that I specifically do not want to handle X case because maybe it has never ha...
New
pckrishnadas88
In the previous part of this series, we built a Worker Pool from scratch, exploring point-to-point communication where a coordinator assi...
New
pckrishnadas88
In Elixir, send/2 is non-blocking, which means an eager producer can easily flood a slow consumer’s mailbox. Because BEAM process mailbox...
New
tomazbracic
Secure boot and a verified root filesystem on an STM32MP157F-DK2 - with Nerves of course Four links of an authenticated boot chain on an ...
New
UlfAnger
Hi all, I’ve built a small demo app to understand what an “AI agent” actually is under the hood, and to show it with Elixir’s own tools ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews