elixir_is_cool

elixir_is_cool

I am looking for a minimal setup for a 1U rack server to host a mobile apps back-end.

Elixir is great because I do code updates without stopping the server.

However, I am inexperienced with the type of server I should run.

Note this is a very early stage startup, so there aren’t any users yet. Likely less than 20 users.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Note: I found a few here

Showing Posts 1 to 4

FlyingNoodle

FlyingNoodle

And you can’t just get a cheap vm somewhere?

sanswork

sanswork

Very early stage don’t buy servers. Stick it on fly.io or another similar service until you have traction.

AstonJ

AstonJ

You may want to have a look at this thread:

Co-locating (buying your own gear) is great, but comes with additional responsibilities. A good middle ground is renting a dedicated server - that will give you the most bang for your buck without the extra worries.

elixir_is_cool

elixir_is_cool OP

Agreed, I thought about it for a bit, and it doesn’t make sense right now to do that.

Literally there is only 1 person using it now.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews