spawnfest
Hey people!
Remember SpawnFest?! It’s back for another round!
This year the competition will take place on November 24th and 25th.
You can already register your team (or just yourself if you’re looking for a team) at http://spawnfest.github.io
Of course, we’re also looking for sponsors to provide the amazing prices.
For newcommers:
SpawnFest is an annual 48 hour FREE 100% online development competition in which teams of skilled developers from all around the world get exactly one weekend to create the best BEAM-based applications they can.
You can check the results of last year here: SpawnFest
We hope to see you all there, build your team and join us!
Trending in Events List
:microphone: ElixirConf 2026 - Call for Talks is open!
We’re heading to Chicago :united_states:
:round_pushpin: In person + virtual
:d...
New
Code BEAM Europe 2026 – Call for Talks is Open!
We’re excited to announce that Code BEAM Europe 2026 is now open for talk submissions :t...
New
SuperAPI will be hosting the Melbourne Elixir meetup this Thursday, September 3rd. The event will be held at Level 2, 525 Collins St (Ria...
New
Join us September 23, 2026 for our online meetup. We’ll be learning about Acceptance Test Driven Development. There will be a demo of a ...
New
SuperAPI will be hosting the Melbourne Elixir meetup this Thursday, October 1st. The event will be held at Level 2, 525 Collins St (Rialt...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Nicd
Tried checking out last year’s winners, but it’s not looking so good… Redirecting to https://spawnfest.org/2022.html
I guess all the links on the old site point to this year’s iteration.
Correct link to last year’s winners: SpawnFest 2023
spawnfest
Yeah! That’s the list of winners indeed.
Thanks @Nicd.
I’ll see if I can fix the 2017’s website… As you might have guessed, I just forked it from the main one.
Let’s see if @amilkr (or @jfacorro - our newest organizing team member) can help with that
AstonJ
Nice! Good luck to everyone who enters
NobbZ
If I just had an idea or project I could use to attend…
elbrujohalcon
You can always register as an individual using the Find a team form at SpawnFest 2023
Then work out ideas with the team that you end up being part of
NobbZ
Thank you, thats a nice feature, can’t remember it was there last year…
Now I need to convince my wife that she allows me to attend, as its the weekend after her birthday… Damn… I should have looked that weekend up before dreaming of participating…
NobbZ
She does not allow
She wants that weekend to be a family weekend which I totally understand.
@spawnfest can you do the fest a bit earlier next year? Late October to early November would make it much easier to attend. I’m pretty sure I’m unable to convinve my wife to move her birthday
amilkr
That’s a pity.
We will do our best for next year (we have to check how many wife’s birthdays we have in October
).
You could teach her Erlang/Elixir for next year competition, and you both celebrate her birthday participating in the event together
NobbZ
Perhaps I’ll try this in 8 years when my daughter has finished elementary, and then teach my wife, my son and my daughter erlang, elixir or any other BEAM language as we go… Can you keep it up that long?
axelson
Sorry to keep pestering about the date, but that’s Thanksgiving weekend over here in the USA. Makes it a bit hard to participate since I’ll be traveling. Good luck to the participants! Wish I could join