Advent of Code starter project

Hey!

I wanted to share a “starter” project I made for doing Advent of Code in Elixir!

It has modules, functions, tests, and mix tasks pre-made, so all you need to do is fill in your implementation and run your tests!

I hope this is helpful!

- Mitch

4 Likes

Just in case anyone missed the ‘Elixir Radar’ newsletter of the week:

In previous editions, many people have used Advent of Code to learn a new programming language, including Elixir. This year we will be joining you so we can all learn Elixir together! In particular, José Valim (that’s me!), the creator of Elixir, will live stream and solve the puzzle from the previous day and share it with everyone. This gives everyone time to try the puzzle on their own so we can discuss different approaches live.

The live stream will happen daily on Twitch, for 25 days, at 15:00 CET / 14:00 UTC / 12:00 BRT / 9:00 EST. During the streams, I will go over my solution, step by step, explaining Elixir concepts and the thought process behind it. This is a great opportunity to join, ask questions, give feedback, propose solutions, help me get unstuck, etc. If you can’t make it to the live stream, the videos will be available online on Twitch for 14 days.
http://blog.plataformatec.com.br/2018/11/lets-learn-elixir-together-with-advent-of-code/

Looking forward to this!

1 Like

As I wont be able to watch them live, I really hope those streams will be available for more than a couple of days…

1 Like