rhcarvalho
At the heart of every Phoenix application is the often “invisible” HTTP server layer.
For over a decade Cowboy has served the community well. In 2020, the pure-Elixir Bandit came as an alternative that later became the default for newly created applications.
Looking at Hex.pm download data, we found out that July 2026 marked the point when Bandit’s steady climb has finally reached parity with the volume of downloads that Cowboy gets.
If you like charts going up to the right, here’s where you see Bandit’s. With that comes also the payoff for Elixir’s specification and library Plug, which makes it possible to replace the underlying HTTP server without code changes.
Trending in Blog Posts
Hey folks,
I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version:
Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
An educational side project in Elixir, Phoenix, and Tauri. I share what I learned while wiring Automerge into the BEAM, including how I s...
New
What happens if you design tools for LLMs instead of letting LLM use human tools ?
Wrote a blog on why and what that enables.
As I see ...
New
:pencil: Phoenix’s built-in LiveView test helpers require you to hand-build the form payload and start a fresh pipe after every click. Wo...
New
In the previous part of this series, we built a Worker Pool from scratch, exploring point-to-point communication where a coordinator assi...
New
Up until then, I found it very hard to communicate to LLMs that I specifically do not want to handle X case because maybe it has never ha...
New
In Elixir, send/2 is non-blocking, which means an eager producer can easily flood a slow consumer’s mailbox. Because BEAM process mailbox...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mtrudel
Great article! I had no idea we’d just passed the 50% milestone. Thanks for the insight!
AstonJ
Great blog post Rodolfo and congrats @mtrudel!!
rhcarvalho
Thanks, Mat! The timing between looking at the data and what it revealed was a nice coincidence.
I listened to you on the “BEAM there done that” podcast yesterday during a long drive and enjoyed learning more about the journey of Bandit, Thousand Island and WebSock. We’ve all benefited from your work and contributions to the community in the last several years! Thank you

