hudson2010

hudson2010

Hello guys ,
I have set up some project , but I have som e bit of challenge with serving static files with the plug module

23:03:44.817 [debug] GET /home
 
23:03:44.817 [debug] Sent 200 in 32µs
 
23:03:44.849 [debug] GET /priv/js/test.js
 
*23:03:44.849 [debug] Sent 404 in 24µs*
==============================
Routes :
plug(Plug.Logger, log: :debug)
	plug :match
	plug :dispatch
	plug Plug.Static, at: "/home", from: :server, only: ~w(js css images robots.txt)

	get "/" do
		send_resp(conn, 200, "Hello There!")
	end

	get "/about/:user_name" do
		send_resp(conn, 200, "Hello, #{user_name}")
	end

	get "/home" do
		conn = put_resp_content_type(conn, "text/html")
		send_file(conn, 200, "priv/index.html")
	end

I need some guidance on what , I be doing wrong , your assistance will be much appreciated

Showing Posts 1 to 10

mhanberg

mhanberg

Expert LSP Core Team

You should use the Plug.Static plug before the :match and :dispatch plugs.

hudson2010

hudson2010 OP

Hello ,
This is the snippet of the code

defmodule PlugEx.Router do
	use Plug.Router
	use Plug.Debugger
	plug(Plug.Logger, log: :debug)
	plug :match
	plug :dispatch
	plug Plug.Static, at: "/", from: :server, only: ~w(js css images robots.txt)

	get "/" do
		send_resp(conn, 200, "Hello There!")
	end

	get "/about/:user_name" do
		send_resp(conn, 200, "Hello, #{user_name}")
	end

	get "/home" do
		conn = put_resp_content_type(conn, "text/html")
		send_file(conn, 200, "priv/index.html")
	end


	match _, do: send_resp(conn, 404, "404 error not found!")
end

mhanberg

mhanberg

Expert LSP Core Team
  plug :match
  plug :dispatch
  plug Plug.Static, at: "/", from: :server, only: ~w(js css images robots.txt)

must become

  plug Plug.Static, at: "/", from: :server, only: ~w(js css images robots.txt)  
  plug :match
  plug :dispatch
hudson2010

hudson2010 OP

i have made the changes but still its failing to serve the javascript file

iex(9)> recompile 
Compiling 1 file (.ex)
:ok
iex(10)> 
08:29:31.893 [debug] GET /
 
08:29:31.893 [debug] Sent 200 in 23µs
 
08:29:45.368 [debug] GET /home
 
08:29:45.368 [debug] Sent 200 in 31µs
 
**08:29:45.447 [debug] GET /priv/js/test.js**
** **
**08:29:45.448 [debug] Sent 404 in 37µs**
 

mhanberg

mhanberg

Expert LSP Core Team

Plug.Static serves assets from priv/static. Move your JavaScript file to priv/static/js

hudson2010

hudson2010 OP

Thanks for the support so far but its still failing

iex(12)> 
08:49:28.582 [debug] GET /home
 
08:49:28.582 [debug] Sent 200 in 32µs
 
08:49:28.608 [debug] GET /priv/static/js/test.js
 
08:49:28.608 [debug] Sent 404 in 22µs
 
08:50:53.701 [debug] GET /home
 
08:50:53.701 [debug] Sent 200 in 27µs
 
08:50:53.723 [debug] GET /js/test.js
 
08:50:53.723 [debug] Sent 404 in 12µs
 
08:51:25.358 [debug] GET /home
 
08:51:25.358 [debug] Sent 200 in 30µs
 
08:51:25.387 [debug] GET /static/js/test.js
 
08:51:25.387 [debug] Sent 404 in 19µs
 
08:51:36.653 [info]  App Started!
Interactive Elixir (1.12.1) - press Ctrl+C to exit (type h() ENTER for help)
iex(1)> 
08:51:40.599 [debug] GET /home
 
08:51:40.614 [debug] Sent 200 in 14ms
 
08:51:40.642 [debug] GET /static/js/test.js
 
08:51:40.642 [debug] Sent 404 in 29µs
 

for the index page

<!DOCTYPE HTML>

<html manifest="">
<head>
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no">

    <title>ElixirTest</title>
    <!-- The line below must be kept intact for Sencha Cmd to build your application -->
    <script  type="text/javascript" src="static/js/test.js" ></script>
</head>
<body>
	Elixir- 5
</body>
</html>

So from the above where is the issue

mhanberg

mhanberg

Expert LSP Core Team

Your src in the script tag should just be /js/test.js

hudson2010

hudson2010 OP

Same output

iex(2)> recompile 
Compiling 1 file (.ex)
:ok
iex(3)> 
09:21:26.801 [debug] GET /home
 
09:21:26.801 [debug] Sent 200 in 29µs
 
09:21:26.822 [debug] GET /js/test.js
 
09:21:26.822 [debug] Sent 404 in 17µs
 

Nicd

Nicd

Is your application’s name :server? Looks like it might be :plug_ex instead. The from option should match your application’s name.

hudson2010

hudson2010 OP

Thanks @Nicd , that has worked ,now have you used extjs library with elixir before , if yes could you please share a sample project layout

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews