Hasimbola
Hello EveryBody!
I want to ask how to convert this PHP code to Elixir code
$binKey = pack(“H*”, $hmackey);
$hmac = strtoupper(hash_hmac(‘sha512’, $msg, $binKey));
Thanks! ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mruoss
Let me google that for you… The solution provided here should help:
crova
Had to deal with this a few weeks back and that SO answer saved me.
Hasimbola
Can someone help me please because I don’t know how to resolve this problem
lud
Hi,
What is
$hmackeyand what is the output ofpack("H*", $hmackey)?benwilson512
Did you try the stuff linked in the post by @mruoss ?
Hasimbola
$hmackey is a value like this “0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF”
and pack(“H*”, $hmackey) is like this , var_dump respon is that a string(64)
“#Eg����#Eg����#Eg����#Eg����#Eg����#Eg����#Eg����#Eg����”
Hasimbola
Yes it’s work but it’s doen’t return the same value like the respone in PHP code
lud
I am not sure how
pack("H*" ...)works. According to the docs it seems is generates a string reprensenting the data like how PHP reprensents the data in memory. If you need to do that in another language you need to know exactly what is the transformation of the data here.Edit: found a hint:
lud
Well it looks like if I execute the following code:
And the following elixir code:
I get the following output from elixir:
And If I just decode the key I get this:
It seems that with
H*pack()is just doing a decoding from base 16.So maybe you should do something like that:
Hasimbola
Thanks everybody, I’ve resolve the problem with the answer of @lud