Create a riak_core application in Elixir

Hi to all I wrote a post about how to create a riak_core application in elixir. this is the link:

There are also application as example, this is the link: https://github.com/gpad/no_slides. I hope can be useful.

Waiting feedback :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fantastic ! I was looking to have a go with Riak core. looks like there is a lot of fun to be had with it.

1 Like

This is very cool. Do you find it to be stable? I remember someone from Basho saying that they are using custom patched Erlang VM versions and they are not testing against normal Erlang builds.

I known that basho has a forked version of otp (you can find it here: https://github.com/basho/otp) I didn’t use the basho version of rika_core but a fork made by heinz. He packed riak_core in a elixir package and it’s very easy to use it.

I don’t use it in production yet but I’m working on a project to put it in production so I think it’s stable (it’s also used by riakKV/riakTS) so I assume yes :smiley:

1 Like

I have not doubt that it is stable when running on their custom VM was wondering how stable it is on a regular VM.

I haven’t really been able to compile your project. While compiling the dependencies, my terminal get stuck at below line and do not move forward:
ownloaded package, caching at /Users/navinnegi/.cache/rebar3/hex/default/packages/pc-1.4.0.tar

Complete output:

Sorry, this was entirely my fault, I started with riak_core using “Little riak core book” and added rebar3 in my path as suggested in the book, this was causing the issue/conflict between mix and rebar.

After removing rebar3 from PATH, every thing compiles fine.

1 Like

Hi to all,
this is the Part 2:

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi to all, I just published the third post!!! We talk about handoff. I hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The 4th is out, here we talk about how to execute a command on the entire cluster …

Create a riak_core application in Elixir (Part 4)

3 Likes

The 5th and last part. In this post we manage some node crash. Enjoy it

Create a riak_core application in Elixir (Part 5)