besteman
Hey!
My team and I are migrating away from Mariaex and Ecto 2 to Ecto 3 and myxql.
We have all the main changes done and everything is working as it should except for one thing, the prepare statement.
Our config.ex looks like this:
use Mix.Config
# Needed for ecto tasks that modify the db like migrate
# Since we'll never directly modify the replica db it doesn't need to be in here
config :db, ecto_repos: [Db.Repo]
config :db, :read_repo, Db.ReadOnlyRepo
config :db, Db.Repo,
priv: "priv/repo",
pool_size: 10,
connect_timeout: 25000,
loggers: [{ExJsonLogger.Ecto.Logger, :log, []}],
prepare: :unnamed
config :db, Db.ReadOnlyRepo,
priv: "priv/repo",
pool_size: 10,
connect_timeout: 25000,
loggers: [{ExJsonLogger.Ecto.Logger, :log, []}],
prepare: :unnamed
When I run the test we have, we get the following error:
** (EXIT from #PID<0.93.0>) an exception was raised:
** (DBConnection.ConnectionError) could not checkout the connection owned by #PID<0.93.0>. When using the sandbox, connections are shared, so this may imply another process is using a connection. Reason: connection not available and request was dropped from queue after 123ms. You can configure how long requests wait in the queue using :queue_target and :queue_interval. See DBConnection.start_link/2 for more information
(ecto_sql) lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex:751: Ecto.Adapters.SQL.raise_sql_call_error/1
(ecto_sql) lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex:684: Ecto.Adapters.SQL.execute/5
(ecto) lib/ecto/repo/queryable.ex:229: Ecto.Repo.Queryable.execute/4
(ecto) lib/ecto/repo/queryable.ex:17: Ecto.Repo.Queryable.all/3
(ecto) lib/ecto/repo/preloader.ex:229: Ecto.Repo.Preloader.fetch_query/8
(elixir) lib/task/supervised.ex:90: Task.Supervised.invoke_mfa/2
(elixir) lib/task/supervised.ex:35: Task.Supervised.reply/5
(stdlib) proc_lib.erl:249: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
When I remove the prepared statement in the config, everything works and passes.
I have checked the docs and we are doing shared mode like this:
setup tags do
:ok = Ecto.Adapters.SQL.Sandbox.checkout(Db.Repo)
unless tags[:async] do
Ecto.Adapters.SQL.Sandbox.mode(Db.Repo, {:shared, self()})
end
end
Any ideas?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
bolducp
Hi there! Did you ever figure out a fix here?