benonymus
Hey I have this in my router
resources("/recordings", RecordingController)
and i have some auto generated code and the index and show is working nicely but the put and delete request are saying that they cannot find route, but if i put it explicitly like
put("/recordings", RecordingController, :update)
then it is workings nicely.
Why is that? isn’t that the point of resources do it all in one?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
idi527
What does
mix phx.routesshow for this route?benonymus
oh interesting:
why is it missing the put? and what is the difference between patch and put? why does it use that?
OvermindDL1
What’s the code that generates these, and if it is a link in the template then what is the URL it generates and the template contents?
Also the ‘PUT’ not having a route means it’s a continuation of the route above it, I.E. both PATCH and PUT call the same ‘update’ callback.
benonymus
Yeah i see that PATCH is calling the same i was just surprised that why does it so.
I used mix
phx.gen.jsonnot sure what do you mean by this part
OvermindDL1
The part you said in the OP of
are saying that they cannot find route, what is the exact error, stacktrace, what code is related, etc…It’s just how the REST style standards work, and
resourcefollows the REST pattern.benonymus
I am calling it from postman PUT request and this is the error it gives:
OvermindDL1
I’ve not used postman before, but where-ever it got that URL of PUT in
/api/recordingsfrom is definitely wrong, you have no route for that. You either ‘PUT’ or PATCH into an ID of the form/api/recordings/:idor you POST a new entry into/api/recordings, what it is trying to do of PUT into/api/recordsis not a valid route that Phoenix’s route helpers should have given it (it wouldn’t even have compiled…), so I’m thinking that’s either a manual mis-type or something is horribly broken in Postman? o.O?benonymus
nono, I am passing the id in the body:
and it is wokring perfectly if I define the PUT
like this
OvermindDL1
Yes, changing the put like that removes the required
:idfrom the URL, but the error from postman was showing the case when the:idwas very much required in the URL instead of the body. That’s the way the REST standards work if that is what you are trying to follow. If you are not following REST then probably shouldn’t be usingresource.I’m personally a fan of GraphQL over REST myself.
benonymus
Alright, thank you!