Full-stack developer for PETAL-stack application (MVP)

Full-stack developer for PETAL-stack application

I’m putting together a team to build the MVP of a PETAL-stack app for a client, a new startup. You would be working for, and paid by, my consulting company, Xuku LLC. We have been contracted by the client to build their MVP.

I can’t say much about what the client is building in a public post other than that it’s a B2B SaaS product. The MVP development process is expected to last 4 months. There may be ongoing work after that but it will depend on the success of the launch and the client’s ability to raise additional funds.

About us

My name: Neil Berkman
My position: Principal
Company name: Xuku LLC
Company info and history: As mentioned, Xuku LLC is my consulting company. I’ve managed development teams and have acted as a fractional CTO for a number of clients, typically early-state clients. I have also been a co-founder / CTO for a number of startups, both venture-backed and boostrapped. I currently have one other PETAL-stack application in development. I also maintain a couple of hex packages, including a docusign client library.

About the job

Job title: Full-stack developer
Job description: Help implement a “greenfield” PETAL-stack application
Salary range: Competitive hourly rate
Position on remote work: 100% remote team - I’ve been managing remote teams almost exclusively for almost 15 years.
Qualifications or experience required: Several years of experience working as a full-stack developer. The more components of the PETAL stack you’ve worked with the better but I would consider a more experienced developer without much professional Elixir experience.
What the successful job applicant will be working on: I’d be happy to describe more about the application in an interview.

Ideally you’d have 30+ hours for this project. Part-time could work but the minimum would be about 20 hours / week.

About the interview process

I’d love to see any open source work or code samples you’re able to share, as well as blog posts or conference talks. Aside from that, we’ll have a discussion about your background and the project - no coding exercises. Since this is contract work I regard the first week or so as a trial period (paid of course!) - the best way to evaluate whether we’re a mutual fit is by working on actual tasks.

Further info

Please contact me at neil@xuku.comPosition on remote work: 100% remote team - I’ve been managing remote teams almost exclusively for almost 15 years.
Qualifications or experience required: Several years of experience working as a full-stack developer. The more components of the PETAL stack you’ve worked with the better but I would consider a more experienced developer without much professional Elixir experience.
What the successful job applicant will be working on: I’d be happy to describe more about the application in an interview.

Ideally you’d have 30+ hours for this project. Part-time could work but the minimum would be about 20 hours / week.

About the interview process

I’d love to see any open source work or code samples you’re able to share, as well as blog posts or conference talks. Aside from that, we’ll have a discussion about your background and the project - no coding exercises. Since this is contract work I regard the first week or so as a trial period (paid of course!) - the best way to evaluate whether we’re a mutual fit is by working on actual tasks.

Further info

Please contact me at neil@xuku.com

4 Likes