ook
I like supervisors and :observer.start() is one of my favorite tools to follow my supervisor tree.
I miss it a lot when I’m not on my dev box (aka: Heroku), so… do you know an equivalent for headless server?
Thank you.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 5 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
outlog
also wobserver, observer web ui
https://github.com/shinyscorpion/wobserver
ook
Wahou! Thanks a lot, cmkarlsson and Eiji! Your links are far beyond my expectations! I will analyze all of them.
A big thank you!
cmkarlsson
I also found this (which I haven’t tried) that packages this up as a mix task into a hex package
https://martinschurig.com/posts/2016/06/monitor-remote-elixir-phoenix-app-mix-task/
cmkarlsson
Hi Thomas,
They are great tools aren’t they! You can connect a local observer to a
remote node. However it is usually not a good idea to have distributed
erlang open on the internet so you should tunnel it over ssh.
You should be able to do some ssh reverse tunnels to get access to the
remote node from your development node
I found this:
https://jmilet.github.io/elixir/erlang/observer/ssh/2016/10/09/observer-ssh-tunnel.html
which I tried using erlang and it seems to work fine.
Eiji
You do not described what you want to achieve, so I will list helpful Erlang projects:
Erlang observer web frontend
Here you have a Web version of observer - it looks like this is not finished yet.
#1 System
|> Load Charts
|> Memory Allocations
|> Processes
#2 Visualize Erlang Nodes On The Command Line
Here you have a CLI version of observer.
|> Process And System Information
|> ETS And System Information
|> Allocator Information
|> Mnesia Information
|> Help Information
#3 Using Erlang observer/appmon remotely
And finally you can use observer remotely in case your server does not have X session started.
Hope that looking on this projects code or tutorial instructions will help you.