VincentBlackdot

VincentBlackdot

hi i am using ajax to post data to my db, but keep running into this error.

no function clause matching in SmartcomClientWeb.TemplateController.create/2

this is my is my ajax code

$("#push_data").click(function() {
    params = $("form.form-temp").serialize();
    $.ajax({
        type: 'POST',
        url: '/create/template',
        data: params,
        success: function (response) {
            console.log(response)
        },
        error: function (error) {
           console.log(error)
        }
    })
})

then this is my function

def create(conn, %{“template” => template_params}) do
case Templates.create_template(template_params) do
{:ok, template} →
conn
|> put_flash(:info, “Template created successfully.”)
|> redirect(to: Routes.template_path(conn, :show, template))

  {:error, %Ecto.Changeset{} = changeset} ->
    render(conn, "new.html", changeset: changeset)
end

end

Showing Posts 1 to 5

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Try to add something like this… to check what You receive.

def create(conn, %{“template” => template_params} = params) do
  IO.inspect(params, label: "PARAMS")
end

BTW You misplaced fence in your post. It should be around your code…

Laetitia

Laetitia

Do you really send a map with a key template? Maybe you just send the template_params rawly.
kokolegorille is right, IO.inspect is a good idea here.

But i notice that the inspect won’t never be executed. It will fail immediately for the same reason.
Try this:

def create(conn, params) do
  IO.inspect(params, label: "PARAMS")
end
VincentBlackdot

VincentBlackdot OP

it is still generating the same error.

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Sorry, I meant something else… put it above the other, and check the params You receive.

def create(conn, params) do
  IO.inspect(params, label: "PARAMS")
end

as mentionned by @Laetitia

VincentBlackdot

VincentBlackdot OP

@kokolegorille and @Laetitia
Thank you my issues has been revolved

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews