sergio
Here’s a quick 3 minute video explaining how to get a great workflow for Phoenix Liveview templates. Good dev ux!
Trending in Screencasts
A new screencast on moving a blocking HTTP fetch into an Oban job. Part 1 of 2. Screencast + full walkthrough:
New
A new screencast on live LiveView updates with PubSub, the Oban Web dashboard, and smarter retries. Part 2 of 2. Screencast + full walkth...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Nefcairon
Does it also handle heex?
sergio
It does, works great! Just make sure you add the file association for .heex templates.
Nefcairon
You can also use it for .sface. It just doesn’t reformat constructs like:
cvkmohan
using
prettier-plugin-eexhas several problems in the formatting. It replaces code with<eext1 />in many cases.Further, it does not handle heex files well. For example
<link phx-track-static rel="stylesheet" href={Routes.static_path(@conn, "/assets/app.css")} />this line generates an error - becausehref={}is not handled correctly.If you are using surface, far superior solution is GitHub - surface-ui/surface_formatter · GitHub.
In the upcoming elixir 1.13 release, custom formatters are supported https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/pull/11246 - and - we should expect a good elixir formatter that understands both HTML and elixir interpolation should arrive.
sergio
That is good to know thank you for sharing. Do you know if anyone is working on a leex/heex custom Elixir formatter for Elixir 1.13?
soup
It’s on the roadmap:
https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/issues/1506
Considering 1.13’s focus I would assume it’s probably appearing in that (or maybe LiveView can ship it externally as a mix format plugin, not sure how all that goes together).
mekusigjinn
Any word on this now that 1.13 is out? Okay I’m impatient I understand
1.13 is like out for only a few days so I’ll wait more