Bramble is a platform for banking/insurance/BPOs to improve how they manage their operations.
We have traction and are growing quickly, and we are looking for Elixir developers who thrive in early stage startup environments. Our team is fully remote, and distributed between the USA, Australia, Europe and Asia.
My name: Glenn Roberts My position: Co-Founder/CTO Company name: Bramble Group Company website: https://www.brmbl.io Company headquarters (country): USA
About the job
Job title: Senior Full-stack Elixir Developer
You’ll be working in our fully-remote team developing our core product. You’ll build an intimate understanding of our industry and our user base. You’ll work with highly-qualified team members to develop new features, seek feedback from users, and launch them to everyone. As one of our early engineers, you will be instrumental in architectural and technological decisions, with a lot of room to grow both individually and as a team.
Salary range: $80k-$120k
Position on remote work: Remote only
Qualifications or experience required:
You’re a full-stack engineer with experience developing customer-facing, web-based software. You care about UX and can take a feature from concept to reality. You’re not scared of the command line or containerized cloud deployments. You care about building a sustainable codebase and strive to leave things better than you found them.
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience and proven ability to build high-quality, test-driven web applications.
- Web application development with Elixir, specifically the Phoenix framework and relational database interaction through Ecto
- Elixir language, platform and ecosystem, specifically a thorough understanding of functional programming, data structures, OTP, and release management
- A deep understanding of the HTTP protocol and the behavior of production web services
- Ability to envision the flow of information from a user perspective and design systems with the user in mind
- Able to work autonomously and self-manage.
- Fluent in English. You should be able to communicate with the rest of the team, both synchronously and asynchronously.
How we hire
At Bramble, we invest time and energy into our hires. Our recruitment process is designed to be inclusive, with a balanced mix of technical assessments and conversational interviews.
Here’s the process we use to build our team:
Apply - Submit your information via Wellfound including all the relevant information about yourself and your experience.
Initial Call (technical phone screen) - You’ll meet with one of our engineers for a 15-20 minute Zoom chat where you can ask questions and tell us what you’re interested in. We will assess your technical ability with a live-coding exercise.
Work sample test - A short (1-3hrs) asynchronous coding homework assignment, or a suitable Open Source contribution.
Code Discussion - A debrief of your code with some future co-workers in our engineering team (30-60 mins)
Founder call - You’ll meet remotely with our founders for the final interview.
Decision - We value the time and effort you’ve put into our interview process, so we’ll do our best to make a decision quickly and communicate it with you.
Please apply via https://wellfound.com/l/2yRPmc