juhalehtonen

juhalehtonen

There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for 2026 :slightly_smiling_face:. This year, our ecosystem is once again well represented with Elixir, Erlang, Gleam, and Phoenix available as technology options!

SO Blog post: The 2026 Developer Survey is now open (for human developers only)! - Stack Overflow

Link to take the survey: 2026 Developer Survey | Stack Overflow

Showing Posts 1 to 3

travisf

travisf

Oh is there a technology section in this? I started taking this a week or two ago, went through the first two thirds and never saw a question about languages it was all AI stuff, maybe I missed it at the end? I’ll definitely take it if there is the chance to rep Elixir.

christhekeele

christhekeele

I just took it, spent about 20m on it. It is:

  • 1/6th basic developer info
  • 2/6ths clear marketing research for some sort of AI attribution knowledgebase project they clearly want to build
  • 1/6th some technology choice questions (about halfway through for me, Elixir stuff is represented)
  • 2/6ths AI usage questions

Unsurprisingly, you cannot say you avoid AI because of quality issues.

FlyingNoodle

FlyingNoodle

Yh I agree. I only filled it out until the elixir stuff and then gave up.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews