Vic.ai is looking for backend Elixir developer

Introductory paragraph

Vic.ai is a 2 year old startup, based in Oslo, Norway (we also have non-tech offices in NYC and Miami). We’re building AI platform for accounting firms. We’ve just closed our series A funding (public announcement will happen very shortly) and we’re expanding our Elixir team.

About us

My name: Marcin Kulik
My position: Chief Elixir Officer :wink:
Company name: Vic.ai
Company info and history: we use Elixir as integration point between various services (web and mobile clients and backend services) and as a core business logic layer.

About the job

Job title: Backend Elixir Developer
Job description: Developing API, core business logic, internal tools (admin interface), integrations with external systems
Salary range: you’ll be well compensated
Position on remote work: :+1:
Qualifications or experience required: Ideally few years of Elixir (or Erlang) work, but we’re fine with basic Elixir experience if you’re seasoned developer overall and are familiar with other functional language(s)
What the successful job applicant will be working on: GraphQL API, internal REST APIs (between services), admin web interface, integrations with external systems. We use: Phoenix, Absinthe, Ecto, Distillery, umbrella project structure and many more.

About the interview process

We do initial video call to present ourselves and let the candidate tell us more about them. Then we do a follow up video call getting into more tech stuff, discussing theoretical problem to see how it is to work on something together. We don’t ask trivia questions and we don’t ask candidates to solve arbitrary, unrelated tasks (no fizzbuzz here ;)). If you’re in Oslo, Norway we’re eager to meet you for this second stage in real life, in our Skøyen office.

Further info

Looking to hire ASAP.
To apply send your CV to: rachel@vic.ai

10 Likes

I would love to try this position. I am not an Elixir expect yet, but on the verge to becoming one.
Kindly have a look at the e-mail. I am sending my application right away.

2 Likes