boiserunner

boiserunner

I have an Explorer.DataFrame, like so.

df = DataFrame.new(
  goal: Enum.to_list(60..1) |> Series.from_list()
)

df = DataFrame.put(df, :day_of_week, Explorer.Series.transform(Series.subtract(df["day"], 1), &get_day_of_week/1))

Simple enough. But now I need to create another column that relies on the others. Something like — if the day of week is 1, multiple the goal column value by 3, otherwise by 6.

I’m oversimplifying my use case, but it seems like when I need to do conditional logic with multiple columns, I can’t quite finesse the code.

Am I stuck with converting to a list, doing work, and then back to a series?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

al2o3cr

al2o3cr

You could use Series.select to implement what you’re describing:

Series.select(
  Series.equal(df["day_of_week"], 1)
  Series.multiply(df["goal"], 3),
  Series.multiply(df["goal"], 6)
)
boiserunner

boiserunner OP

Thank you!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews