Tzeroxik

Tzeroxik

Hello everyone, so I tried looking for options for image processing libraries in elixir but so far haven’t found any good options, the closest I’ve seen is using the C API for OpenCV which is deprecated so that’s not an option, are there any libraries for elixir for more advanced image processing like filtering (Intensity, Spacial, Frequency, Transform, Morphological, in a nutshell more biometrics oriented image processing) available?

Thanks in advance for the answers! :smile:

Showing Posts 1 to 3

jxub

jxub

From what I seen and read, mongrify (GitHub - elixir-mogrify/mogrify: Image processing in Elixir (ImageMagick command line wrapper) · GitHub) seems to be highly regarded for manipulating images, however it’s just a wrapper for ImageMagick.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Well to be fair, that’s nothing bad. You don’t depend on any dynamically linked libraries / NIFs / Ports, just on a few tools being installed in your $PATH.

We should definitely depend on mature hardcore tools, I am all for it. And such wrappers make the experience even better!

Tzeroxik

Tzeroxik OP

It might be a good option eventually but right now it only supports (for filtering) Gaussian Blur :slightly_frowning_face:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews