carlosescri
Hi all!
I’ve been working on some RAW (no framework) web components for one of our projects to see how well they behave with Phoenix LiveView.
At the time I have:
- Custom tooltips (no problem)
- Phone Input with country dropdown picker (no problem), Form Associated Custom Element (FACE), so it works with forms as any other input.
- Custom Select (with search and a slot to put custom HTML nodes). FACE too.
I had some problems with the slotted elements in the custom select because they were not patched by morphdom.
With a bit of help from Claude y proposed a fix in the live view repo.
You can get more details here:
If any of you is interested on this topic because you suffered from this problem too, would be great if you can give a try so @steffend can get some feedback because this is actually a bit tricky.
I encourage you to take a look at the PR. It’s up to date to 1.2.6 version of LV and it has some tests. More details in the PR.
Thank you for your time.
Trending in Thoughts On...
I created an app that uses Phoenix LiveView and is deployed on Gigalixir. The app manages the state of multiple players (for example, a ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
krasenyp
I had a perfectly running web component with slotted elements, at 1.1.9. After I updated to the newest LiveView, at the time it was 1.2.2, everything stopped working. I had to rewrite my components as stateless components… I hope your fix gets approved and we can write our web components without worry.
carlosescri
Thanks for your response… if you have means and time, would be great if you could try your web components (or some of them) with the JS in the PR to check if they work again… Thank you in any case.
steffend
That looks like a bug. Can you please open up an issue with some details on this?
carlosescri
@steffend created a better fix here: Allow opting focused form elements into patching by SteffenDE · Pull Request #4339 · phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view · GitHub
In my case I can confirm this fixed all my problems with light dom patching. I hope it gets merged soon.