kyroco

kyroco

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, so be gentle (or at least polite). I’ve been lurking for a while and I’m genuinely excited to finally have something to share.

VitalAIze (groan I know) is a wall screen for teams building software with AI coding agents. At Kyroco we run somewhere between 20 and 25 Claude Code sessions at once, some of them spinning up their own helper agents, and I kept losing track of which one was quietly sitting there waiting on me. So we built a board for it. Put it on an iPad (or any browser, friends have put it up on a TV screen in their office) and at a glance you see every Claude Code and Codex session, which one needs you, what your GitHub builds are doing, and how the work trends over days and weeks.

It runs on your own Mac, and nothing gets sent anywhere except between your own Macs, if you connect more than one. (Linux coming in a couple of days) It has two components: a hub and a collector. The hub is what gets the data from the collectors and runs the board. The collectors can be on your local machine or any other machine across your network, so yeah you can track multiple workstations running Claude, Codex or both.

What it shows you

  • Live sessions. One card per Claude Code or Codex session: working, idle, or needs you, plus how full its context is, the model and effort it’s using, lines added and removed, helper agents, and cost (Claude) or tokens and plan use (Codex).
  • I need you. When an agent session stops to ask you something, a banner runs across the screen and its card jumps to the top. Your Mac can also text you, which is either very useful or very annoying depending on the day. I find that more useful if I’m out and about because these things can get super chatty.
  • GitHub Actions. What’s running, recent runs, a 6-hour timeline, and tiles for main, the merge queue, failures and your last deploys.
  • Archive. Every session is saved in a small SQLite database, so you can look back at what it cost, what tools it used and what it changed.
  • Trends. One chart per measure, one bar per day: spend, tokens, cache hits, failed tool calls, lines added, GitHub run times and more. If you use both Claude and Codex, a row compares them, starting with tokens spent per 1,000 lines of code.
  • Production health (optional), with checks from New Relic (if you use that).
  • Light and dark mode, because of course… otherwise no one uses it.

The Elixir bit

It’s a Phoenix LiveView app, and honestly the BEAM made the hard parts feel easy. Each source (sessions, GitHub, New Relic) runs on its own timer, and only what changed gets pushed to the screen. If one source falls over, its panel keeps its last good data and tells you how old it is and why, and the rest of the board just carries on.

We kept the dependencies short: phoenix, phoenix_live_view, bandit, jason and exqlite. New Relic calls go through Erlang’s built-in :httpc, so there’s no HTTP client dependency. The release bundles ERTS, plus a small custom release step that copies Homebrew’s OpenSSL into the release and re-signs it, so it runs on a Mac that doesn’t have Homebrew (macOS has opinions about changed libraries). The end result is a signed, notarized Mac installer, and you don’t need Elixir or Erlang installed to use it.

Getting it running

  • On a Mac (Apple silicon): grab the .pkg from the latest release. Setup asks whether this Mac is the hub, a collector, or both, finds your Claude and Codex folders and your GitHub repo, and has you check it. You’ll need Claude Code and the GitHub CLI signed in.
  • From source: Elixir 1.18+, Erlang/OTP and a C compiler for the SQLite driver. Then mix deps.get, copy settings.example.exs to settings.exs, and MIX_ENV=prod mix release.
  • Linux: the board should run from source, but we haven’t tested it there yet. If anyone gives it a try, I’d love to hear how it goes. Will be testing in the next couple of days to make sure.

It’s version 0.1.0 and Apache 2.0 licensed. Feedback, issues and PRs are all very welcome, and I’m happy to answer questions here or on the discussion board on github.

Thanks for having me, and if you like the project a start on the board keeps me going like a good cup of coffee. – Robert

Download: Release VitalAIze 0.1.0 · kyroco/vitalaize · GitHub

Showing Posts 3 to 1

kyroco

kyroco OP

Version 0.2.0 is up with Linux support. Enjoy folks!

kyroco

kyroco OP

Thanks Mike!

mikehostetler

mikehostetler

Very cool, gave you a star!!!

I like that this is novel and fresh. Curious to see how it evolves over time.

Also, welcome to the Elixir Forum!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
bartblast
Hey folks, I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version: Curiosum as Main Spons...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews