hugobarauna
Livebook Core Team
This post announces the Livebook desktop app, a way to install Livebook on your machine without the requirement to have Elixir installed before.
Trending in News & Updates
LiveVue v1.0 released
After four release candidates and a lot of community feedback, LiveVue 1.0 is stable :tada:
I’ve built a dedicated...
New
Cairn is a small OTP library for message delivery, lightweight function processes, supervised work, and waiting on results.
The goal is ...
New
LetMe 3.0.4 has been released.
Changed
Log the policy module and the check module in the message of the warning for a
rule that does n...
New
Aludel 0.8.0 is now available on GitHub and Hex.
This release adds typed_judge assertions for evaluations that need deterministic, struc...
New
Flop Phoenix 0.27.0 has been released.
Changed
Require Flop 0.29.0, which turns Flop.Schema from a protocol into a
behaviour.
Determin...
New
Flop 0.29.0 has been released.
Added
Add Flop.allowed_fields/2, which returns the fields that may be filtered or
sorted for the given ...
New
Doggo 0.16.1 has been released.
Changed
The expanded attribute of the tree_item is now handled as initial state
only and cannot be upd...
New
Other Trending Topics
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, so be gentle (or at least polite). I’ve been lurking for a while and I’m genuinely excit...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
AstonJ
Congrats on the launch!
Looks great and works on my Mac
(macOS 12.5)
Not sure if you’re aware, but when browsing the blog homepage and clicking on an article lower down the page the page doesn’t jump to the top of the article you clicked on…
antoine-duchenet
Congratulations !
Is any Linux version planned ?
hugobarauna
Thanks!
We are not planning a Linux version right now, but one can still install Livebook in other ways in a Linux machine.
That said, we would definitely consider contributions!
hugobarauna
Didn’t know about that, thanks!
egze
Looking forward to a tutorial how to use
AppBundlercblavier
This is awesome, I really want to use your project!
)
(I actually don’t know what for, but this just a matter of time
Nefcairon
Finally I installed Livebook Desktop on my main Windows machine (as there sadly is no Chromebook version).
Is it supposed to open a new tab in my normal browser or to open in a seperate window?
hugobarauna
It’s supposed to open a tab in your default browser.
Although there’s no Livebook Desktop distribution for Chromebook, there are other ways to install Livebook:
if you don’t have Elixir installed on your machine:
If you have Elixir installed on your your machine:
There’s more info about installation that in the README.
Nefcairon
Thanks for your explanation. On my chromebook I use Livebook installed from source.
So it’s pretty much the same on windows desktop as it’s on chromebook directly installed from source - allright
So now that I put livebook.exe in my autostart folder, after booting windows I have a livebook icon in the tray and it automatically opens my browser. Can I configure it that there is only the icon and not directly opening my browser?
hugobarauna
Good question, I don’t know the answer.
@wojtekmach can you help here?