lud

lud

Hello everyone,

I’ve just pushed a small but important breaking change in Oaskit v0.10 around security handling.

From now on, Oaskit.Plugs.ValidateRequest will always call the configured :security plug, even for operations that don’t define any security requirements. This makes it much easier to implement a “deny by default” policy: your security plug now sees every request and can decide whether a route with security: nil should be considered public or rejected.

This helps to avoid the case when there is no global security definition, and you forgot to define security on an operation.

You will need to handle nil security after upgrading to v0.10. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If you don’t have a :security plug configured, the behaviour is unchanged and unsecured routes remain accessible.

I’ve given slightly more details here Security changes in v0.10 — oaskit v0.14.0

This is the only change for that new version.

Cheers!

Where Next? Top

Trending in News & Updates Top

Jskalc
LiveVue v1.0 released After four release candidates and a lot of community feedback, LiveVue 1.0 is stable :tada: I’ve built a dedicated...
New
webofbits
Cairn is a small OTP library for message delivery, lightweight function processes, supervised work, and waiting on results. The goal is ...
New
woylie
<span class="hashtag-icon-placeholder"></span>let-me 3.0.4 has been released. Changed Log the policy module and the check module in the...
New
webofbits
Aludel 0.8.0 is now available on GitHub and Hex. This release adds typed_judge assertions for evaluations that need deterministic, struc...
New
woylie
Flop Phoenix 0.27.0 has been released. Changed Require Flop 0.29.0, which turns Flop.Schema from a protocol into a behaviour. Determin...
New
woylie
Flop 0.29.0 has been released. Added Add Flop.allowed_fields/2, which returns the fields that may be filtered or sorted for the given ...
New
woylie
Doggo 0.16.1 has been released. Changed The expanded attribute of the tree_item is now handled as initial state only and cannot be upd...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews