fireproofsocks

fireproofsocks

I’m wanting to put a few static files behind auth so they aren’t available to the public and only available to authorized users.

I put together a plug using Plug.Builder:

defmodule MyApp.PrivateStaticPlug do
  @moduledoc """
  Serves static files to authenticated users.
  """
  use Plug.Builder

  plug(MyApp.AuthPlug)

  plug(Plug.Static,
    at: "/private",
    from: {:my_app, "priv/private_static"},
    gzip: false
  )

  plug(:not_found)

  def not_found(conn, _) do
    conn
    |> send_resp(404, "Not found")
    |> halt()
  end
end

And then I can reference the plug in my app’s endpoint:

plug(MyApp.PrivateStaticPlug)

However, it would be nicer if I could set the options in the endpoint.ex and pass them into the plug. I tried this:

  plug(Plug.Static)

  def call(conn, opts) do
    conn
    |> super(opts)
    |> assign(:called_all_plugs, true)
  end

But overriding the call/2 doesn’t work for Plug.Static because Plug.Static requires options at compile time. Is there a way to do this?

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews