WolfDan

WolfDan

Hello all!

Actually I’m getting this error on my kubernetes log:

2017-06-02T02:02:49.13752428Z 02:02:49.137 [error] Postgrex.Protocol (pid<0.1578.0>) failed to connect: ** (DBConnection.ConnectionError) tcp connect (...:5432): timeout

I already check the secrets on Kubernetes, this error is not from authentication, the connection is not refused, there is any way to solve it?

Thanks for all you help!

Greetings!

EDIT: When I make a request to the server I get this error:

2017-06-02T02:09:51.417407254Z Request: GET /anime/1
2017-06-02T02:09:51.417410146Z ** (exit) an exception was raised:
2017-06-02T02:09:51.417413126Z ** (DBConnection.ConnectionError) connection not available because of disconnection
2017-06-02T02:09:51.417416219Z (db_connection) lib/db_connection.ex:926: DBConnection.checkout/2
2017-06-02T02:09:51.417421994Z (db_connection) lib/db_connection.ex:742: DBConnection.run/3
2017-06-02T02:09:51.417425202Z (db_connection) lib/db_connection.ex:584: DBConnection.prepare_execute/4
2017-06-02T02:09:51.417429314Z (ecto) lib/ecto/adapters/postgres/connection.ex:80: Ecto.Adapters.Postgres.Connection.prepare_execute/5
2017-06-02T02:09:51.41743256Z (ecto) lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex:243: Ecto.Adapters.SQL.sql_call/6
2017-06-02T02:09:51.417435814Z (ecto) lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex:431: Ecto.Adapters.SQL.execute_and_cache/7
2017-06-02T02:09:51.417438957Z (ecto) lib/ecto/repo/queryable.ex:130: Ecto.Repo.Queryable.execute/5
2017-06-02T02:09:51.417442142Z (ecto) lib/ecto/repo/queryable.ex:35: Ecto.Repo.Queryable.all/4

Showing Posts 1 to 10

jeroenvisser101

jeroenvisser101

Hey, which hostname are you using to connect to it? The error you’ve received shows a timeout, so it’s unable to connect to the host. It’s probably unrelated to Ecto or Elixir.

WolfDan

WolfDan OP

Hey!

It’s connecting to a Google SQL instance, it already has access by ip and api, I don’t know why it don’t connect…

I already have check the secrets on the app, and its correctly too, also as mention isnt a authentication error :C

jeroenvisser101

jeroenvisser101

Hey, it’s not an authentication error indeed. Are you sure your Google Cloud SQL instance is Postgres, not MySQL? Also, make sure you’re using the right port.

WolfDan

WolfDan OP

jeroenvisser101

jeroenvisser101

You might need to add the server’s IP to the allowed IPs like here.

WolfDan

WolfDan OP

kelvinst

kelvinst

I’d the same kind of issues some time ago with a node project. It really started happening randomly and what I did to fix it was an upgrade on gce-proxy image I use to access Cloud SQL form 1.05 to 1.09.

I really don’t know why it started to happen, and don’t know also what is the root cause of the error. I’ll investigate it soon.

odarriba

odarriba

Have you tried using an instance of Google Cloud SQL proxy inside your deployment? so you can connect locally and authenticating using a Service Account credentials.

I don’t know if you are running Kubernetes inside GKE, but that’s the recommended way in that case. More info can be found on: Connect from Google Kubernetes Engine  |  Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL  |  Google Cloud Documentation

Hope that helps!

sergio-ocon

sergio-ocon

I am getting the same error in Openshift (Kubernetes too).

As configuration in Kubernetes is done during deployment, it should be working using this configuration (and having the proper environment variables):

config :reservation_book, ReservationBook.Repo,
  adapter: Ecto.Adapters.Postgres,
  username: {:system, "DB_USER"},
  password: {:system, "DB_PASSWORD"},
  database: {:system, "DB_NAME"},
  hostname: {:system, "DB_HOST"},
  pool_size: 15

However, Ecto doesn’t seem to recognize the format {:system, “VARIABLE”} for all values, and thus I am stuck.

NobbZ

NobbZ

Perhaps the Ecto.Repo.init/2-callback can help you?

A short example of how to use it, can be seen in this post:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews