jerry

jerry

I have a .pem file that contains a private and a public key.

I need help in order to extract the certificate and to send the request using httpoison.

Below is how I am currently doing it in Ruby and sending the request through Faraday gem.

SSL_OPTS={client_cert: OpenSSL::X509::Certificate.new(File.read(pem_file)), client_key: OpenSSL::PKey::RSA.new(File.read(pem_file), 'testpem15')}

conn=Faraday.new(:url => "https://ip:port", :ssl=>SSL_OPTS,
    :headers => HEADER) do |faraday|
    faraday.response :logger                  
    faraday.adapter  Faraday.default_adapter  
end

I am, however, rewriting the application in Elixir.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Jerry

Showing Posts 1 to 4

voltone

voltone

Off the top of my head, this should work:

HTTPoison.get("https://ip:port", [], ssl: [certfile: pem_file, password: 'testpem15'])

Note that the password needs to be a charlist.

jerry

jerry OP

Hello @voltone
Thanks for your response.

Below is what I get after I implemented your suggestion:

** (Poison.EncodeError) unable to encode value: {:options, {:certfile, {:ok, "Bag Attributes\n    localKeyID:...

It’s a very long error. I’ve just truncated it.

What could I be doing wrong?

My code is below:

options = [ssl: [certfile: File.read(Path.expand("./partner.pem")), password: String.to_charlist("testpem15"), versions: [:'tlsv1.2']]]
            
result=HTTPoison.post(https://ip:port, str, req_header, options)   

Thanks for your help.

voltone

voltone

Don’t read the file contents, just pass the path in the certfile option

jerry

jerry OP

Hello @voltone

Many thanks for the help offered me.

It worked perfectly.

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Jerry

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews