CodeSync

CodeSync

Forum Sponsor

Code Sync: A safer Elixir | Esteban Ibarra | ElixirConf EU 2021

Comments welcome! View the code-sync and elixirconf-eu tags for more Code Sync and ElixirConf EU talks!

Showing Posts 1 to 1

eksperimental

eksperimental

I would like to add Dialyzer to the list.

And I think you should avoid pattern matching on keyword lists (it a big NO-NO in Elixir IMO), since pattern matching relies on the order of their elements. Here’s an example to show what I mean:

iex(1)> %{a: a, b: b} =  %{a: 1, b: 2}
%{a: 1, b: 2}

iex(2)> %{a: a, b: b} =  %{b: 2, a: 1}
%{a: 1, b: 2}

iex(3)> [a: a, b: b] =  [a: 1, b: 2]                            
[a: 1, b: 2]

iex(4)> [a: a, b: b] =  [b: 2, a: 1]
** (MatchError) no match of right hand side value: [b: 2, a: 1]
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Talks Top

CodeSync
Model the work: Real Life workloads with Ash & Oban - Zach Daniel | ElixirConf EU 2026 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUfURGmlqY ...
New
CodeSync
Kafka-Backed Elixir at Scale - Anton Borisov, Piotr Rybarczyk | ElixirConf EU 2026 Comments welcome! View the <span class...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews