niranjanaryan
announcing zaml 0.2.0 — a Zig NIF YAML 1.2 parser for Elixir that wraps libyaml and ships with two performance wins over the existing native option on Hex:
- Single-shot map construction. Maps are built with one enif_make_map_from_arrays call instead of a per-pair enif_make_map_put, eliminating the O(n²) rehashing that dominated wide maps. This is most of the gain over fast_yaml on the flat 1M-key fixture.
- Zero-copy scalar sub-binaries. String scalars are returned as sub-binaries of the input rather than copied into freshly allocated binaries. The path is bounds-checked with a copy fallback, so it stays correct across libyaml versions that may write quoted/block scalars into their own buffer.
Headline numbers (Apple M3 Pro, avg of 5 runs):
Parser 1M-line flat 100k-key nested
zaml 0.2.0 0.84 s 0.53 s
fast_yaml 1.0.40 2.54 s 1.86 s
yamerl 0.10.0 30.27 s 23.88 s
This release also fixes anchors and aliases end-to-end — &name / *name now resolve, with anchor names copied into a parse-scoped arena because libyaml frees its event buffer after each event.
Build needs Zig 0.16+ and libyaml dev headers; mix.exs auto-detects Homebrew/Linux locations and injects the right CFLAGS/CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS for rebar3-compiled deps.
Trending in Announcing
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub.
Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
New
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
Other Trending Topics
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming









